Author Topic: Old Possibly Bronze Framed Picture  (Read 1416 times)

Laycene

• View Profile
Old Possibly Bronze Framed Picture
« on: June 30, 2012, 10:01:13 pm »
I picked these up at an estate sale about two years ago.   The daughter told me they were in her father's old hunting cabin.   She had no other info on them.

They appear to be some kind of poured metal picture.   I took a pic of the back of them so you can see the bubble and pour pattern.    They measure 10 x 14 inches.    There are no markings on them of any kind.     

I have tried to research them as best I could...looking at antique sites and Ebay for old metal pictures, but have not been able to even find anything that looks similar.

Please let me know if you have any idea what they are and where I can get more info about them.   

Thank You

Laycene

mart

• View Profile
Re: Old Possibly Bronze Framed Picture
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 06:11:16 pm »
If you will notice the hollow places on the back it means that these were impressed over a mold, not necessarily poured  although some may have been !!  Are also called etched or engraved 3D pics !! These were popular 40`s through 60`s in several different forms !!  They can be found in sheet brass and copper and various other metals !!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_kw=copper+pictures  You can see several types here !!  Yours may be copper plate that has just darkened over the years !!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:41:58 pm by mart »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 12:27:30 pm »
Ditto what Mart said!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Laycene

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 08:16:39 am »
I wonder what they put on the back of the picture.  It is  bumpy and rough and makes the picture heavier.  Almost like molded sand or something.   That is why I thought it was poured, but it was just the marks in it from spreading it around.

Anyways,...thank you all for the comments!!   I have learned alot.

Layce

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 10:18:54 am »
They are nice and well worth keeping !!  Antiques of the future !!