Author Topic: What is this dish and makers mark???  (Read 6659 times)

Trugmaker

• View Profile
Re: What is this dish and makers mark???
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 12:41:40 am »
Wow , so helpful here! Thankyou Mart, are you sure this doesn't infringe the rules of this forum to be talking ebay? Taking that chance, the listing is 261056676660
I have established that it is Royal Crown Derby now, but the year of the stamp still eludes me. I know it is very early as the later stamps are much clearer, more uniform and more detailed.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 07:46:51 am »
There is no rule at all about asking a question as far as I know !!  Will go now !!

Trugmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 09:39:45 am »
I have ascertained this dish is definitely Royal Crown Derby, but the marks allude everyone??? I emailed royalcrownderby.co. uk with a picture of the stamp - no reply yet.
I have added the extra description, but if I search using the word Sardine box, it doesn't find it. Just have to hope it is found closer to the day. Would appreciate your comments on the listing (if that is allowed in this Forum) the item No. is 261056676660
If I had known of this site, I wouldn't have listed so fast! This pot was in the house where I was born on Ashdown Forest East Sussex. When we moved this was among other items not touched for years in our loft and pulled out to do a boot sale.  
The picture below has identical flower patterns and is Royal Crown Derby (not my item).

Thankyou for all your help, I look forward to getting home just to view your responses.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:53:02 am by Trugmaker »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 10:45:04 am »
I have added the question about chips or cracks since you didn`t say in the listing !! I said that it appears to be a sardine server !! Now I hope you have in the listing to show all questions !!  Give it a few minutes and check to see if it shows up !!

Trugmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 01:46:29 pm »
Oh! So it was you!!!! And I thought it was an interested person  :) ;) ;D Thankyou

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 05:31:11 pm »
Its a nice piece but wouldn`t go well with my country stuff !!  Just trying to let bidders know what it was to help your sale !! Will check later and see what the bid is up to !!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 08:46:54 pm »
Check on the Duesbury porcelain factory mark, Your crown is most like theirs but theirs had a D under the crown. Perhaps the impressed marks are part of the Derby standard !!  Yous does have the crossed batons and numbers !!  Most I have read says there are some variations in most of the factory marks over the years !!

Trugmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 12:21:52 pm »
OK, I have learned enough from this magic forum to convince me to re-list my item properly, so I have ended it and will compose another.
I have still not been able to determine age and the stamp 'appears' to be very rare as even the main www.royalcrownderby .co.uk experts cannot find the mark - identical crown, and authenticated, but not including the norm marks underneath!
Just so wish I could offer some semblance of date. Apparently, the main interest in RCD is in the States, so I will offer shipping to there also.

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 12:43:47 pm »
In regard to your sardine box, there appears to be an identical matching piece on eBay at this time.
That can affect the interest of buyers...and values.
Good Luck!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 06:25:33 pm »
I think that was hers Rauville !!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 07:14:11 pm »
I think that was hers Rauville !!

I was looking at item 300733915511 offered by a seller from Chicago.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 08:04:09 pm »
Oh !!  Hers was listed in the UK !!  Have to look at that one !!

Trugmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 12:04:36 am »
Well Well Well! Clever Rauville! That item is totally identical to my own. So, dissapointed, £79  :( and not even in auction- a buy it now, which tells me the seller knows its value.
I really thought I had something rather special. Oh well, back to saving £1 coins for my holiday spending money. Thankyou all for all your help. I'll be back up in the loft, then back here.
  :-* Jaqui