Author Topic: Possible Luneville? Help identifying Marks and era. Thanks  (Read 19503 times)

yattypat

• View Profile
Possible Luneville? Help identifying Marks and era. Thanks
« on: July 01, 2012, 02:17:23 pm »
Greetings, I have been interested in antiques for decades and somewhat capable of research ;-)  I recently acquired these pieces in a storage auction.  They are very beautiful and excellent shape but I can not find any info on what they are or the signature.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and good will.
Patty
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 06:16:40 pm by yattypat »

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese or Japanese. Any help much appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 03:43:15 pm »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

yattypat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 03:51:44 pm »
thanks greenacres.  gotheberg has a nice site, I have used it before but didn't see my marks on there for this piece.  Do you think they are japanese? Can anyone tell me what these are called or perhaps the era>

Thanks again

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 04:41:12 pm »
Hi Patty Beautiful pieces how big are they?? They are not Chinese or Japanese, I believe the mark is an artist signature/ mark. Also from your photo look to be transfer printed porcelain with gilded metal tops & bases. Very Victorian feel, and for some reason I am pulled toward  thinking they are in the Limoges family/ style.  Your mark seems to have a 5.  s and a fancy K. I think the gilded metal bases with acorn design may hold some keys,  Try searching  transfer printed porcelain with gilded metal tops & bases acorn design (or a variation along those lines) good luck

yattypat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 05:00:22 pm »
Hey thanks Wendy, I have exhausted my search for chinese or japanese lol.  I think you have great points for me to refocus my reseach.  I thought it looked like chinese/japanese character marks.  I forgot to add on my original post that there is also a 56J, a 3 laying in a different direction and another imprint I can't make out.  I didn't even think to research the very specific gilt detail, I am sleepy today lol.  I really appreaciate all the feed back.  There is so much to know and learn, I am always amazed.  I am hoping they are worth something as I deffinetly got caught up in the biding war and paid a wee bit more than my comfort zone for the storage locker I got them from.  But then, no risk no gain either.  Take care

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 05:21:35 pm »
Wendy is right !! Not either one !!  Odd signature !!

yattypat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 06:32:59 pm »
The vases are marked with similar artist mark painted on and a 569 stamped in pottery. They measure 13" tall and 7" wide including gilt metal.  The middle piece is stamped 569 as well and measures from top of gilt handle to bottom of foot 11" tall and from gilt handle to handle 14.5".  The bottom and inside of the pieces are a beautiful yellow, so I guess this is transferware???  Still a rookie.  I am also adding pictures of the bottom marks.  There is the 569, and sideways 3, and another small mark I can't make out or recognize.  Again I really truly appreciate any help!!

yattypat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 07:39:02 am »
hope the new pictures help

yattypat

• View Profile
Re: Possible Minton? Help identifying Marks and era. Thanks
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 02:30:55 pm »
Hi again.  I am wondering if these could be Minton?  Please see additional pictures.  Any help appreciated.  Looks like some marks I found from the 1800's Minton. If anyone has a good reference for Minton let me know.  Thanks again
Patty

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 07:58:11 pm »
http://www.pottery-english.com/forum/ You can always try a post here.

yattypat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 05:18:55 am »
Thank you I will go there.  xx

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 11:50:25 am »
Let us know what you find out. I'm curious because I didn't see a Minton marking like that.

yattypat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 12:07:55 pm »
I will for sure.  I have been looking all day, good grief :-)  Looking at Sevres and learning about brass mounts and ormolu.  Phew! I tried to get into the site you posted but was banned because I typed in a 4 instead of four in the security question area. Will try again later, looks like a good place to post.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 08:06:07 am »
Also try here !!  Chris Marshall is our resident porcelain expert and site owner !!  Hoped he would pop in on a couple of the items posted !!
http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/resources/fake_n_repro/00.php   This is an excellent site to use if you are interested in porcelain !!