Author Topic: I need your help!!!  (Read 2494 times)

dino85

• View Profile
I need your help!!!
« on: July 05, 2012, 04:17:06 am »
Hello to all, i need your help if you can! I have an antique from my father (photo projector i think) from the german company MULLER u. WETZIG, DRESDEN, but i can't find any information for this item (i even sent a mail to that company but they didn't reply!). I found only an old photo to google that i can show you (i will upload pics as soon as posible from mine). It is in a perfect condition - even the electric cable works and the lamp inside turns on- Any help will be very helpful, thank you very much...

Chris_Marshall

Re: I need your help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 07:39:49 am »
The company of Müller & Wetzig itself ceased to exist in 1956; their successor went through various iterations and later became the VEB Pentacon Dresden, which itself was liquidated in 1990. Parts of the assets - including the Pentacontm and Prakticatm and Exaktatm trademarks - were in 1991 taken over by the Josef Schneider Group, which in 1998 was renamed into "PENTACON GmbH Foto- und Feinwerktechnik" ( http://www.pentacon.de/ ) ...

dino85

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 03:25:15 pm »
Thank you very much Chris, can you guess the value of this?

Chris_Marshall

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 04:30:34 pm »
My main area of knowledge normally only includes German porcelain. When it comes to that, I never mention values (as it's useless).

But in your case I simply have no idea because it is far away from my area of expertise, sorry ;)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 07:05:57 pm »
Might be better to have this one professionally appraised !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 11:56:50 pm »
Ditto! 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

dino85

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 03:09:18 am »
Thank you very much, the problem is that in Greece is not so easy to find a profesional for that! But i will keep trying, thank you...

Chris_Marshall

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 03:43:25 am »
You could send a few pictures to the company of today - *perhaps* (and only perhaps) they may be interested in the item.