Author Topic: Royal Bayreuth !?! Help?  (Read 1198 times)

Ablaise

Royal Bayreuth !?! Help?
« on: July 06, 2012, 04:01:59 pm »
I found this little Royal Bayreuth vase and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it? Like how old it is, how much it's worth, etc.

Here's some pictures:

Thanks!

yattypat

• View Profile
Re: Royal Bayreuth !?! Help?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:38:26 pm »
Actually if you put in Royal Bayreuth 1794 you will get many hits.  Lots of it on Ebay ranging in price.  Interesting and nice little vase.  I'm sure if you google you will learn about the history of the company.
Best wishes.

Ablaise

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 05:22:04 pm »
I actually did a lot of googling before I posted here and I did see a lot of their other pieces listed on ebay, etc. I also saw a lot of other pieces that had the castle by the lake picture on it, but I didn't see anything like this which is why I posted here. I was hoping maybe someone could tell me when this piece was actually made and how much it could possibly be worth.  :P

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 06:21:35 pm »
The company has several symbols. I see at least six. Yours is different becuse it says P. T. The symbols in the book just have T's. This company is still in business today. I'm still checking. The year that vase was made it either had a green or blue underglaze. Just found it Tettau Porcelin Factory (Royal Bayreuth), Tettau, Bavaria, Germany, (W. Germany) Porcelin, Printed, blue after 1902 (1794-present) Royally Privileged Porcelin Factory Tettau GMBH
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:29:35 pm by greenacres »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."