Author Topic: Just never know!  (Read 1587 times)

kidden6968

• View Profile
Just never know!
« on: July 15, 2012, 04:27:31 pm »
Ok so as everyone knows I am really new to the vintage and antique interest.  So today I am going through a box from camp that had all kitchen stuff in it - tons of silverware etc.  One regular rubbermaid silverware tray for a drawer and this wooden tray.  Now mind you, everything in that camp was covered in retro materials or contact paper - bright orange and yellow flowers.  So I am looking at this thing thinking well either I will toss it or I will throw it in the yard sale for a quarter.

Just for funny hahaha's I decided to google vintage wooden silverware holder and found the exact same one on Etsy selling for just under $20.  Ok that one doesn't have the contact paper but I can probably remove that.  I am posting the pic from Etsy - not mine.

Just goes to show should really check these items out - the ones that look like junk or quarter items.

Anyways had to share   ;D

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: Just never know!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:18:20 am »
Thanks for sharing. I would never have guessed that it was worth anything!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 05:54:05 am »
You and me both and there are a few on Etsy - now I don't know if anyone is buying them but still just reminds me of how many things of my parents I threw out that I am now seeing for sale as vintage items.   Crazy.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 08:46:15 am »
My Grandmother had the same one and same color green !! Late 50`s or 60`s !!