Author Topic: How much is this Old 1925 Stake Truck Bank worth?  (Read 4694 times)

jag1500

• View Profile
How much is this Old 1925 Stake Truck Bank worth?
« on: July 17, 2012, 11:49:28 am »
I am bidding on an old toy at an auction in few hours, it is a Truck bank marked 1925. How much is it worth?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rtp6k7eh6yjwq6/2012-07-16-042.jpg

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: How much is this Old 1925 Stake Truck Bank worth?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 01:41:57 pm »
You must understand that sometimes many hours of research go into the posts here for people looking for information on items, having said that I will give my opinion , Not a very old truck, no wear, paint like new, and the box is marked recomended ages 8 and up!! It may be a 1925 truck bank but it was not made in 1925, I would pay no more than $12.00. This is not an old toy!

jag1500

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 01:47:05 pm »
Thanks, just needed that tip. Not buying it. Thanks again

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:42:34 pm »
Age recommendations are a fairly modern thing !! I don`t remember them in the 50`s !! If they had put them on in the 50`s we wouldn`t have had many of the toys we did !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 02:53:45 pm »
You are right Mart. I swallowed a rubber toy car tire once. I did not choke on it luckily. It was last year. Actually I was about 4.

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 05:43:12 pm »
That's absurd. And funny! ;D
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 06:48:58 pm »
You know,,when we were kids we had access to things that are unheard of today !! From the age of ten I had a 22 cal. with little supervision but we had common sense that kids today do not !!  We just knew what not to do !!  No one has time to teach kids anymore !!  We used hammers and nails and knives,, built fires, rode horses all over the country and I was in the edge of Dallas !!  All kids know nowdays is what they learn on TV or internet and most of that isn`t good !!  What happened to parents that busted your butt when you messed up ?? Or are there any left ???  I know,, thats not PC today !!  OK !! Off my soapbox !!

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 06:50:55 pm »
I am bidding on an old toy at an auction in few hours, it is a Truck bank marked 1925. How much is it worth?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rtp6k7eh6yjwq6/2012-07-16-042.jpg

Almost nothing. Danbury Mint? They're not as detailed as Franklin Mint with their cars. It's cheap Chinese junk.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 06:52:22 pm »
You know,,when we were kids we had access to things that are unheard of today !! From the age of ten I had a 22 cal. with little supervision but we had common sense that kids today do not !!  We just knew what not to do !!  No one has time to teach kids anymore !!  We used hammers and nails and knives,, built fires, rode horses all over the country and I was in the edge of Dallas !!  All kids know nowdays is what they learn on TV or internet and most of that isn`t good !!  What happened to parents that busted your butt when you messed up ?? Or are there any left ???  I know,, thats not PC today !!  OK !! Off my soapbox !!

I'm one of the younger generation people that get complained about a lot. And you're right, it's different now. Even from my generation just down to my younger brother's everything changed.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 07:07:08 pm »
No, you are not what I am talking about !!   I am talking about plain old common sense which is pretty much nonexistant !! 

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 07:46:33 pm »
I live in a condo with about sixty million people give or take (that might be a slight exaggeration), so I know what you mean. I hear little kids running around and screaming at 11:30 at night almost every night. School nights, weekends, summer, rain, whenever. If I did anything even 1/10th that bad, I still wouldn't be able to sit down this many years later after my parents got done spanking me!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 08:30:19 pm »
Lawyers! They ruined this country! Sue, Sue Sue! Parents are afraid to parent. They have chilgren thinking they're in charge.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 04:06:10 am »

HA, like I’ve been telling people for years that if bunches of Lawyers had migrated west during the Manifest Destiny era then the West would look completely different today because all those pioneers would have had to spend most of their time building fancy Courthouses and Jails, along with being witnesses and jurors and wouldn’t have had time to do any homesteading or fighting Indians. And ya wonder why we now have a problem with overcrowded jails and prisons.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 06:31:19 am »
When my grandson was about 12 I threanened him with a spanking for some infraction ( can`t remember what now) and he said he would turn me in for child abuse !!  I grabbed his arm and wore his butt out, then turned him loose and said, go call them !!  Thats the last I heard about child abuse from him !! Also had a run in with a lady in front of me at Burger King,, Had two kids fighting in the seat of a small Nissan PU, I raised my hand and threatened to put them out and make them walk rest of the way home, 1/2 mile, Lady saw me and got out of her vehicle at the drive through window, came back and said she would call the sherriff !! I told her the best thing she could do was get back in her car and mind her own business !!  ( I used to babysit the sherriffs kids) and he was a good friend !! I went home and called him myself,, told him what happened,, he said I guess she would have liked it better if you had a wreck from those two fighting !!

jag1500

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 10:33:17 am »
Almost nothing. Danbury Mint? They're not as detailed as Franklin Mint with their cars. It's cheap Chinese junk.

For your entertainment, there was a sticker on it for $26.99 and it sold for $17.50 with 10% auction premium. Not a good deal. I am interested in real American products not fake chinesse replicas.

Thanks everyone for their help.