Author Topic: Missed you guys and need help with an old steel something or other  (Read 1968 times)

lindasguy

• View Profile
Haven't been on for A WHILE here. Moved back to Pennsylvania after being in Florida for 2 years. Moved back because the wife was coming back with or without me lol. Living in the sticks with no internet so I'm in town at the library. But anyways I need help with whatever this thing is I found. You guys are good so I have confidence in you. My sd card is messing up so I only have 3 pics for now. The handle is maybe about 16 - 18" long. It has gears and seems to ride on a track or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and glad to be part of the forum again!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Missed you guys and need help with an old steel something or other
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:46:33 pm »
Someone here will know exactly what that is. I don't, sorry. I do know its an old metal thing. I moved back to New Jersy from Florida for that same reason. Plus I hated Florida's lizard tank weather 8 months out of the year. I could say more but I need to respect the Floridians on here.

Texasbadger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:20:18 pm »
Its part of a heavy duty jack for tractors and such, you are missing the upright post with notches and the base,,,at least thats my best shot at it

Texasbadger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 02:31:04 pm »
Something like this complete rig

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 07:34:28 pm »
My first impression was a jack as well!!!  With industrial applications that would go on a track.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 04:10:34 am »
They are more commonly called Railroad jacks and the lighter duty ones are called Handyman jacks.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 08:53:06 am »
LOL,, A bit older than the one in my garage,, but same principal !!  I am guessing that one is 30`s or 40`s !!