Author Topic: 1880's Mining Cart Turnaround??  (Read 1114 times)

sogiant

• View Profile
1880's Mining Cart Turnaround??
« on: August 11, 2012, 07:59:12 am »
HI
This is for turning a mining cart 360 degrees and then to be able to go down a new track. Its from a old mining claim. I thinks its from 1880's. I was told that it may be worth as much as 20K(I wish). I just can't find any information on it. Or what its even called?

Here are 2 pictures

Thank you for any help

mart

• View Profile
Re: 1880's Mining Cart Turnaround??
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 01:48:05 pm »
You will have to explain what we are looking at !! Is the first pic the bottom or top ?? Is the wood part of the turn around ??  I know how it should work,, the cart would have to roll onto the top and, by some method, lift and turn before being set again on the track again !!  Manual lift ??

sogiant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 02:14:36 pm »
Hi

Yes the first pic is the top. It does fit on top of the second pic. Yes it is a manual lift. I belive the cart rolls on the top then it just turns and is then sent on the next track.

Just don't know the name of it and its worth?

Thank You

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 06:05:20 pm »
Are you trying to think of the word "turntable"?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 09:12:00 am »
I don`t think value is much, no great collector fields, where would you display it ?? Not a lot of mining era collectors !! I  would say maybe $100.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 11:21:36 am »
This is a very reputable site and he may be able to tell you more about it.  Seems pretty nice from what I have seen over time!
http://www.sweeney-emporium.com/cgi-bin/go.pl?session=fyrtrr1nr4tww9ng7q1pzwiilzdx6msm&s=site&&p=15753

The "thing" that is important about your item is "where did it come from"  Mine?, City/State/Claim?  Time frame of mine?

It will sell....and if you have the right buyer slightly more than Mart's estimate!

http://miningartifacts.homestead.com/
"If you have questions about a mining artifact that you own or if you have mining artifacts to sell you can email me at   starbats@yahoo.com" Runs/Owns the miningartifacts.hom estead site
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!