Author Topic: Old Military Foot Locker?  (Read 2137 times)

MonkeyToe

• View Profile
Old Military Foot Locker?
« on: August 20, 2012, 02:51:30 pm »
Hey everyone, this piece was sold to me at auction as a military foot locker. It definitely has that look about it but I am having trouble pinning down definite facts, time period, or value. Any help? It looks similar to some pieces on Etsy listed as a WWII foot locker with some slight differences.

WWII Foot Locker:

My Foot Locker:

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Old Military Foot Locker?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 03:31:02 pm »
We have several of them - due to the numbers involved in the war there were different makers/manufacturers, etc. 

All the ones I have seen are solid green - no black corners but maybe someone painted it.  The name of the soldier was painted on it as well/rank/etc.  We have some solid wood ones and some lower weight items similar to this one.  They were from family members.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

MonkeyToe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 03:33:02 pm »
Thanks for the note on that KC. I will try to take a look again at the piece when I get home to see if I can find any identifying marks or brands. I took a glance when I bought the piece and didn't notice any. Any idea where I should look?

MonkeyToe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 07:20:50 am »
Forgot to check for a manufacturer name this morning but I will be more prepared tomorrow. Anyone else recognize the piece?