Author Topic: Old wooden carved bed part?  (Read 8848 times)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Old wooden carved bed part?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 08:16:42 pm »
Using 'antique carved roundel' I came across a few more possible ideas for 'where'.

One of them being this.........

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:19:39 pm by sapphire »

any88

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 08:42:45 pm »
interesting!
the more we go forward, the more i realize i might have something special here

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 04:21:34 am »
Given it is 8 ¼” in diameter ……. maybe it was made for use as a flue cover plate.

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 09:30:14 am »
I see no issue with this roundel mounted on a bed's headboard. it makes perfect sense.

"BTW,I dont mean to be a nitpick or anything, those exclamation marks  make every sentence of yours look like you are shouting at me and preaching me for not knowing these things..."

88, you are correct as far as normal screen etiquette goes, but here on antique-shop.com we ....or at least, I.....see those exclamation points as Mart's signature style as well as signs of enthusiasm. It will be a sad day indeed when I sign on and don't see those exclamation points in every thread!! ;)   
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 09:40:16 am »
yes,, that would be me !  it just goes with my personality and lack of typing skills since i can hold the keys down too long !  will try to correct this but ain`t going to be easy after so many years ! to put a simple period after a sentence is boring !

ACStanley

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 09:49:45 am »
I see no issue with this roundel mounted on a bed's headboard. it makes perfect sense.

"BTW,I dont mean to be a nitpick or anything, those exclamation marks  make every sentence of yours look like you are shouting at me and preaching me for not knowing these things..."

88, you are correct as far as normal screen etiquette goes, but here on antique-shop.com we ....or at least, I.....see those exclamation points as Mart's signature style as well as signs of enthusiasm. It will be a sad day indeed when I sign on and don't see those exclamation points in every thread!! ;)   

yes,, that would be me !  it just goes with my personality and lack of typing skills since i can hold the keys down too long !  will try to correct this but ain`t going to be easy after so many years ! to put a simple period after a sentence is boring !

I so agree!! Even seeing only one explanation point at the end of each sentence makes me feel a little discombobulated... And for such polite and invaluable information, Mart, you may write any way you want for all im concerned.

Cheers!!

ACS 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 09:59:24 am »
sometimes my enthusiasm exceeds my typing skills ! being one handed has slowed me down some though ! sorry for the lack of caps, but somethings take two hands !

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 10:59:01 am »
Mart,shouting at you????..I doubt that,....but You,ve got me screaming at you......read between the lines....she and all who are answering your threads are merely pointing out...furthermore we are only doing what you yourself can do...Google it...there,s no better place....how do you think i found the lookalike ..tick-tock...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 11:14:30 am »
 ok  i am lost !

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 11:24:17 am »
Thats What Bilbo said.....but I think its the time delay...your approx 5 hours behind me and nitpik is 2 hours ahead of me....therefore we can safely assume your !!! has been lost in translation.....are you still lost Mart!!....after that!..I sure as hell am!!!!!
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

any88

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 01:53:17 pm »
You should just calm down !! It was more of a joke than anything !!

:)

I actually mean what I wrote in this sentence above, but do you see how exclamation points made it look like?

I hope you saw where I came from, but it was just an observation and you did not bother me at all. In fact, I appreciate all the help very much, all of your help.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 02:17:17 pm »
i have a rather outgoing personality and i never meet a stranger so using the doubles just fits me !  hubby hates going to the store with me because i come out knowing everyone that works there and a few that don`t !  its the only way i know of to exhibit someones personality on an impersonal computer !!

any88

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 02:26:55 pm »
cool.

Im gonna get this wooden medallion appraised in beginning of the next month, as well as 2 candle holders that are in other thread. http://www.antique-shop.com/forums/index.php?topic=11841.0

Ill tell u giys what tell me.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 02:28:28 pm »
please do !  we are wanting to know as well !

any88

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 02:48:08 pm »
ok.

btw, anything rings a bell on that 2 candle holders?