Author Topic: Tribal glass trade bead necklace??  (Read 1280 times)

wendy177

• View Profile
Tribal glass trade bead necklace??
« on: August 26, 2012, 09:52:02 am »
Another find from an old box in the cellar purchased at an auction. Looks to be in the style of the Naga Tribe , North Indian/Burmese boarder. In very early necklaces I know they used bone as the spacer bars, with brass balls & sometimes brass bells.  But I am at a loss as to date, value , origin of this very pretty piece. I am going to guess tourist market with the color of the beads but where & when??

ACStanley

Re: Tribal glass trade bead necklace??
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 09:55:07 am »
I too am unsure of the date, but I do know that these type of pieces are very in right now! The youngsters are buying them up like candy!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 08:44:18 pm »
Nice little set o' beads wendy177 ... wish I could say more , but no help this time .

Do you know the type of mat'l the stringing is made from ?
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 07:47:45 am »
Thanks Fancy I'm at a loss also!! The stringing is white cotton then the ends are wrapped with black cotton string over the white. It is very heavy to wear, and the spacer bars & small balls are brass, The little clasp insert is wood.  ACStanley The youngsters can't have this one! ;) Maybe Tales will take a peek & have some info with all her travel and diggin in the dirt  ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:50:23 am by wendy177 »