Author Topic: Is this a bargain!....time to raid your piggybank  (Read 7766 times)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a bargain!....time to raid your piggybank
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 04:50:54 pm »
Just kidding you bigwull.

Gas is $3.30 gallon here in Texas.  Bread 1.75 loaf (unless you go to the .99 cent store)!

gas hit $3.69 here last week,, i am with you on the bread !!  I go to the bakery outlet !! $.99 giant loaf !! in fact all the breads they carry are $.99 even the three dollar plus loaves !!
Sapphire,, we need to compare vehicles,, we have two Lincolns sitting in the driveway couple of years old,,, what do i drive ??  an `01 Jeep Cherokee !!   Love my Jeep !!

mart, I don't think there could possibly be a Jeep owner who didn't love their Jeep  ;)  My old beastie only just passed 207,000 kms (129,000 miles) and is still in great shape, especially for being 15. I don't know what I'm going to do when she finally dies, cause I'll never be able to afford another.

Here's my baby, right after I got her.

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 04:55:59 pm »
My Multi is the Berlingo....i bought it just after i retired...previous to that i had a Nissan Cube...it was a bit funky..but it handle like a plate of jello on wheels...so i traded it in....Oh! BTW i,ve had a good laugh at your choice of words.... :-X never had................???

Now I've seen the Cube recently! But not around here for sure. Lots of them putting around Bermuda though. I was totally fascinated with the selection of vehicles on the road there, nothing like home. Next time I'm down I'm going to make note of the different makes and models and take some shots to show the folks back home. ;)

and.......'never had' is weird? ::)

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 06:41:26 pm »
I traded for new Jeep GC last year...and you're right, I love it. First vehicle I've had for years that actually is fun to drive.

Of course the real work around here gets done with a 32 year old Chevy. Still all original, right down to the factory 8 track stereo. 8)

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 06:53:22 pm »
I traded for new Jeep GC last year...and you're right, I love it. First vehicle I've had for years that actually is fun to drive.

Of course the real work around here gets done with a 32 year old Chevy. Still all original, right down to the factory 8 track stereo. 8)

Silverado??

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 07:04:34 pm »
don`t worry,, the jeep is just getting started !! mine has over 100,000, the boys has over 200,000 and a friend of mine is over 300,000 !! all about the same year model as yours !!  yours is still a baby !!  best vehicles ever made !!

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 05:38:41 am »
This is funny - I have a 98 Grand Cherokee so definitely understand trying to budget the gas.  Before that I had a 93 and before that little cars. Once I had the jeep I didn't want anything else.  My husband wants to get a van of sorts but there is no way I want to give up that jeep no matter how old it gets  LOL

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 05:44:33 am »
This is funny - I have a 98 Grand Cherokee so definitely understand trying to budget the gas.  Before that I had a 93 and before that little cars. Once I had the jeep I didn't want anything else.  My husband wants to get a van of sorts but there is no way I want to give up that jeep no matter how old it gets  LOL
Question is, would you all  still be driving,your Jeeps....if gas was $11.6 a gal,....somehow i don,t think so....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 06:06:46 am »
Probably not Bigwull - have all I can do to keep gas in it at $3.90 a gallon.  I can't even imagine at over $11 a gallon!!!  That's crazy!  I thank you though for the wake up call.  I know here in the states we do a lot of complaining about how bad our economy is, and you have made me aware that it could be a whole lot worse and we should be grateful that we can still put gas in these jeeps, for now anyway.   :-\

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 06:10:07 am »
Guess I'd have to bump my budget up to $40/week and cut out some of my pepsi  :P

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 06:32:17 am »
Guess I'd have to bump my budget up to $40/week and cut out some of my pepsi  :P
Maybe if you kept your mouth shut when reading my posts...you,d have more
 :D

jondar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 06:40:57 am »
I filled the tank on the little Nissan I was driving in Larne while touring North Ireland in 1988 and almost went into shock when I saw it was $4.25 a gallon.  Little did I know............... .

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 06:48:21 am »
Probably not Bigwull - have all I can do to keep gas in it at $3.90 a gallon.  I can't even imagine at over $11 a gallon!!!  That's crazy!  I thank you though for the wake up call.  I know here in the states we do a lot of complaining about how bad our economy is, and you have made me aware that it could be a whole lot worse and we should be grateful that we can still put gas in these jeeps, for now anyway.   :-\
When I think about it....there is high,s and low,s,we here in the UK complain about the cost of petrol/diesel...which is rising by the day...in some parts it is over $12 a gal,...which is ridiculous when we are an oil producing nation....but 65% of the cost is tax...but then if i look at the high,s....I know that if i need emergency treatment at the Hospital,weather it be for a minor injury or a full on operation....I won,t have to pay,...and i won,t have someone asking me...Do you have enough Insurance....before they,ll treat me...and now that i,m over 60,...just over ;)..i get free spectacles,dental treatment ..for what natural teeth i have left,free dentures,free medication,...and for those on low incomes,they get up to 90% of their rent paid,...so when i look at it that way....being here is ok.....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 09:08:15 am »
Sapphire,, your jeep cant be that bad on gas !! i get excellent gas milage about 24 mpg !! 22 mpg in town !!  i usually fill up about every two weeks give or take a few days !!  of course i just knock around here in it !! but i have found that on the highway,, keeping the speed at between 55 and 65 gives better milage than at 70 !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 10:02:07 am »
and here,s me complaining about only getting 55mpg....mind you my next car will be a hybrid...which will average 78mpg....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 10:33:59 am »
55 mpg ???  what do you drive,, a tricycle ?