Author Topic: White Horse Whisky Glass. Help Identify?  (Read 1043 times)

VanGateau

White Horse Whisky Glass. Help Identify?
« on: September 02, 2012, 11:58:46 am »
Hello everyone. Recently I purchased a set of four vintage highball glasses from a local antique shop for about ten dollars. I searched online for all four, but could only identify/price three of them. The one that I am having trouble finding is a "White Horse Blended Scotch Whisky" (picture attached). I'm not really expecting it to be worth much, I'm more curious as to why I cannot find anything similar to it online. Any information on the matter is appreciated! :)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: White Horse Whisky Glass. Help Identify?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:21:21 pm »
You are talking my language....White Horse Whisky...is a blended grain whisky.....and its what i would call, "The last Resort"...i,m a Single Malt man..but did taste this when i was a young man.but this stuff sends the shivers right through you,..it was common in the 40,s /50,s....but as more and better blends came on the market...it sort of fell out of favour....it was known as a poor mans whisky....even now as i write the mere thought of it sends shiver through me,...Now to your glass,over here in Scotland almost anything that has to do with whisky has some value...and the fact that this glass looks to be in pristine cond...makes it have some value,..i,would say anywhere between £10/15 or perhaps a little more,,
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,