Author Topic: Old Dutch Identification (with fingerprint)  (Read 2945 times)

meeple

• View Profile
Old Dutch Identification (with fingerprint)
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:51:03 pm »
Hey all... I'm new to the forum... and having a bit of trouble finding information on this piece of paperwork...

I think its basically an ID card from the 1920's but I can't read dutch so I can't really tell what it is...

Its got a picture and fingerprint... and a bit of information on it... one side reads:

"2e exemplaar
Departement van binnenlandsche zaken
persoonsbewijs

de tot het bezit van dit bewijs gertechtigde is verpilcht het te alten tijde bij zich te dragen en desgevorderd te vertoonen aan lederen opsporingsambrenant alsmede aan ahe embtenaren of andere personen door wie zulks ingevolge eenig wettelijk voorsch... wordt verlangd

geldig uedurende uijf jaren

misbruik wordt gestraft"

or something like this... since it is extremely difficult to make anything out...

anyone got a clue what it is/value?

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Old Dutch Identification (with fingerprint)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 08:31:16 pm »
You can translate this with your toolbar. Usually if you hit the right side of your mouse it has an option for translation.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:36:17 pm »
personal proofthe possession of this proof is to gertechtigde verpilcht the alten times to carry and to do parades to leather opsporingsambrenant and embtenaren or other persons by whom this ahe pursuant to any required legal voorsch ...valid uedurende uijf yearsabuse is punished "
I translated it for you.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

meeple

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 11:07:24 pm »
yeah I did the translation but because a lot of the words are wrongly spelt (hard to read)... the translation isn't much help... it alludes to the fact that this is ID of some kind... but I was wondering if this is passport style... or something imposed for nazi occupation? and what the possible value of it is... is there many around from this era?

thanks though

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 04:58:50 am »
I think what you have may be a Dutch passport. I came across this just googling images. It is a shot of a fake dutch passport that was supplied by the Dutch navy and army for Raymond Westerling, a Dutch military officer. As to value I have no idea......unless the subject had an interesting past or involvement in some movement or organization, or for sentimental value to descendants. I'm sure other's here may have more suggestions for you.

*Source of photo:  RAYMOND "TURK" PAUL PIERRE WESTERLING
http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t72678.html      (halfway down page)

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 06:37:26 am »
Here's a slightly modified version placed into google translator. Looks like some letters may be missing or are still off in spacing though. Be sure each letter and word spacing is exactly correct when translating as it can make a big difference.

second copy
Department of internal affairs
identity card

to the possession of this evidence is gertechtigde verpilcht it alto and time with them at all and if so requested to exhibit on leather detection ambrenant and to aheembt and spikes or other persons who by virtue of any statutory voorsch e ... is required

valid ueduren the uijf years

abuse is punished

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 07:34:47 am »
gertechtigde - authorized person

verplicht - required, mandatory

meeple

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 12:30:52 pm »
Thanks sapphire and kevin... very cool

caspert79

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 11:05:45 am »
Being Dutch, I'm happy to translate this for you. It says:

2nd copy
Department of interior affairs
Personal ID

Then it says that the owner of the ID is obliged to always carry it with him and is obliged to show it to criminal investigators when asked to, or to other civil servants that need to see the ID when the law demands this.   

'Geldig gedurende vijf jaren' means 'Valid for five years'.

'Misbruik wordt gestraft'
means 'Abuse will be punished'.

By the way, this is written in old Dutch, so probably Google translate will have some trouble with old words.

You're welcome.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 11:39:32 am »
Thganks so much for the translation !! This was an older post but any information adds to our knowledge !!
Welcome to the group btw !! Haven`t seen your intro yet,, I am a bit slow today !!