Author Topic: Glass Syringe  (Read 6370 times)

sreyomac

• View Profile
Glass Syringe
« on: September 21, 2012, 06:14:25 pm »
This was pretty cool i thought, a glass syringe in a case complete with needles.  Its a 1.5 cc, X-Acto is printed on it the syringe itself, and Erusto or Erustc and B&D, and Luer-lock on the base of the needles. Germany is imprinted on the back the of the case.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Glass Syringe
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 06:22:11 pm »
Tell me how long the syringe is ??  That is 1.5 cc per mil ??  How many millilitres does it hold ??

Kimmienemo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 06:23:45 pm »
Are glass syringes hard to find?
It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:26:25 pm »
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/lot-antique-medical-surgical-137230815 I'm still checking, but the syringes are out there.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

Kimmienemo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 06:30:56 pm »
That is sooo cool!  I love all the old museums in the South (U.S.) that have the Civil War medical equipment!  Our favorite was in Franklin, Tennessee!  Great stuff. . . a little macabre perhaps, but great! Perhaps it was because Mom was a nurse, or because I teach science.  Anyway, that is the type of stuff I would love to start collecting.  Antique medical or science equipment.  Maybe when I grow up  ;)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 06:37:54 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Science-Medicine-Pre1930-/20094/i.html?_nkw=antique+syringe Check these out! These are really cool. They have some really crazy things on ebay. Antique surgical saws and various other painful looking things!  I want to know these people are not using them! lol ;D DIY your own torture chamber, scarey.

sreyomac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 06:40:07 pm »
Are glass syringes hard to find?
25m...and it has the #234A imprinted on it.  I just thought it was neat, probably not valueable
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:43:45 pm by sreyomac »

Kimmienemo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 06:53:01 pm »
Greenacres - I don't know if you read a precious post of mine, but a while ago I fell in love with an antique glass eye collection that I saw at an antique store.  I talked about it for a long time.  My husband (who thinks I am touched) used to always give me this crazy look when I would talk about the craftmanship involved in making the eyes.  The skill of the glass maker and the painters are incredible.  All totally handmade and SO realistic looking.  Well, imagine my surprise when he got this little gem for me for my birthday! 

Kimmienemo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 06:55:58 pm »
Hahaha :D  that is supposed to read PREVIOUS not precious!!!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 07:28:48 pm »
 ;D We fall in love with the craziest things. I would take a lot of ribbing for the glass eye too! What did you finally do with it or where do you exactly display it, ;D lol Great Halloween display. It could scare anyone.

Kimmienemo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 07:34:34 pm »
As of now, it is in one of our bookcases (under my husband's taxidermied bob-cat with the light up eyes! - and he say I'M weird).  It causes quite a commotion when people realize what it is!  But the artwork is amazing!  The two layers of glass, with the painted iris and the hand painted blood vessels.  It is my understanding, that the eye is don't to match the good eye!

I have often thought it would be a great trick on the first day of school, to mount it to my forehead (cyclops-like) just to see what my new batch of students would do!  I bet I would get their attention for the rest of the year!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 07:42:41 pm »
As of now, it is in one of our bookcases (under my husband's taxidermied bob-cat with the light up eyes! - and he say I'M weird).  It causes quite a commotion when people realize what it is!  But the artwork is amazing!  The two layers of glass, with the painted iris and the hand painted blood vessels.  It is my understanding, that the eye is don't t :D
I have often thought it would be a great trick on the first day of school, to mount it to my forehead (cyclops-like) just to see what my new batch of students would do!  I bet I would get their attention for the rest of the year!
Hi Kimmie ...do you mean like this.... ;D...i know from what film it came from....do you.... ;)
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Kimmienemo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 07:54:30 pm »
 ;D Love it!  No, I do not know what movie it came from.  Care to share?

That would CERTAINLY get my students' attention!  I think I would probably laugh so hard after the first class that I would be useless for the rest of the day.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 07:56:06 pm »
 ;D ;D Love it, lol Her students would be captivated!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 08:18:45 pm »
Hi Kimmie...this film was made in 1983...it was a Britsh/American production....a sort of Star Wars/Lord of the Rings fantasy....the Cyclops was a British actor Bernard Breslaw...and the film....is...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=krull&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=FhxdUIDWCIaX0QX7j4HgDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDkQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=675
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,