Author Topic: Portrait of a lady print  (Read 1191 times)

Barai

• View Profile
Portrait of a lady print
« on: September 22, 2012, 02:15:20 pm »
I  am sorry for posting a query again as I may not have explained it correctly.

I have come across a replica print of the portrait of a lady, pe falconet ( see attached print). At the back of the print/ frame, it has a label saying By permission of the Edward gallery.

Searching the Internet, the exact print is in the connoisseur xxxv published in 1913 magazine.

Can anyone please tell me if it is classified as antique and has any value...

http://www.archive.org/stream/connoisseur35londuoft/connoisseur35londuoft_djvu.txt
http://archive.org/stream/connoisseur34londuoft/connoisseur34londuoft_djvu.txt

Kind Regards

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: Portrait of a lady print
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 02:41:51 pm »
In America most things have to be 100 years old to be considered an antique, which you miss by one year. :'(
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 07:05:46 pm »
In America most things have to be 100 years old to be considered an antique, which you miss by one year. :'(
Not now...it used to be 100 years...but its closer to 50/70 years over here for furniture, ornaments...in fact almost everything...except auto,s...where its only 25 years....to be classed as vintage requires a minimum of 7 years.....therefore your item at 99 years more than qualifies it to be called an antique.....when i was 5 my gran was only 49 and i thought she was an antique... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 07:13:23 pm »
Technicalities aside,,, i think this would qualify !!  Value would be determined by interest in the work !! More are interested,, greater the value !! Just look and see if you can find if print sold somewhere !! Although that is not a sure sign that it would bring that amount again !!