Author Topic: More help please???  (Read 5250 times)

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: More help please???
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 10:59:48 am »
Beautiful!! Your piece is as  I said a  whipped cream set / mayonnaise set by the Lotus Glass Company Barnesville, Ohio. the pattern is # 889 called Georgian Gold circa 1930 this was done by etching then hand painting with 22kt gold. Lotus glass did not produce its own glass but the blanks were purchased by them from approx. 18 glass companies that I know of. They produced etched glass, cut glass, gold & silver overlays. They did produce and own many of the molds that would go out to the glass company with the best prices to purchase a completed blank , when a lower or better deal was found at another company they then pulled their molds and sent them to the new company. Lotus glass was sold by only the finest jewelry stores and used in the finest establishments such as the Ritz Carleton, as well as the State Department, and the U.S. Embassy.

JAT

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 11:07:05 am »
WOW!!!!!  ;D  ;D Thanks so very, very much for your help - you've been great and definitely solved a mystery here!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 11:23:02 am »
Happy to help  ;)  if you do not mind me asking what do you have it priced at??

JAT

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 01:41:13 pm »

Ha ha!  Now that I informed my husband of the information you gave me, now he's not so sure he wants to sell it!  Geesh!  A major point in doing all of this research is to "unload" if you will, but not wanting to give these items away.  We have soooo many very fine things in our home that primarily belonged to either my mom, dad, or my husband's family.  In answer to your question (no, I don't mind you asking at all) - I wish I knew... We don't have enough research books on glass and to make matters worse? I just started searching the web - on the latter I'm not getting anywhere!  Want to buy it???????????? (LOL)!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 01:51:26 pm »

Ha ha!  Now that I informed my husband of the information you gave me, now he's not so sure he wants to sell it!  Geesh!  A major point in doing all of this research is to "unload" if you will, but not wanting to give these items away.  We have soooo many very fine things in our home that primarily belonged to either my mom, dad, or my husband's family.  In answer to your question (no, I don't mind you asking at all) - I wish I knew... We don't have enough research books on glass and to make matters worse? I just started searching the web - on the latter I'm not getting anywhere!  Want to buy it???????????? (LOL)!
someone may want to buy it...but first they have to know how much you want....they are not telepathic.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

JAT

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 02:10:28 pm »

someone may want to buy it...but first they have to know how much you want....they are not telepathic.....
  Bigwull:  As indicated, I have more research to do; I'm not going to put any 'ol price on this piece or any other piece for that matter without doing my homework first.  Once that is done, I would be happy to post a price.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 04:17:24 pm »
JAT Thank you but I am not buying as of right now I have so much glass thousands of pieces and am in the process of going through and pulling what I am going to keep and what to sell  :) The Elegant is my favorite so lots of my everyday ware will be goingfor sale come spring.  personally I would keep this piece and let something else go to sell but I love glass and collect so I would sell just about anything else (pottery, jewelry,books,home decor, cloths ;)) before I would let go of a really clean piece of Elegant Depression glass. In this market TO SELL $75.00 -$85.00    In a good market before going south $350.00 - $450.00
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:22:16 pm by wendy177 »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 06:01:46 pm »
Wendy is right !! The market is not particularly good right now !! People are just not buying since the economy is so bad !! They are hanging on their money at least for now !!  I would hang on to your set for a while !! Check the ebay listings and see if anyone is actually buying !! Don`t go by starting price,, go to ending or past sales and see what is moving and for how much !!

JAT

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 06:20:55 pm »
Yes I agree - Wendy is correct (unfortunately :-[).  However, considering the lousy economy we've got to try.  The booth that we've rented has gorgeous items for sale (zero junk) and its not moving at all.  One issue on the latter is the booth isn't where the money is at; we need to get closer to Chicago and the northern "burbs."  My husband made a lot of $$ at that facility some time ago but obviously things have changed.  One dealer that we've talked to tried to get us in another facility but they're booked... so, we're going on their waiting list.  As for E-Bay, I've looked... some stuff is moving others - not.  Interestingly though... no matter what venue, if someone wants something bad enough, they'll pay for it.   On the flipside if nothing else and we don't sell a darned thing at least we're closer to knowing what we've got and the values for later down the road - that's if the economy will ever pick up  :-[  Again, your input is appreciated.