Author Topic: Silly Little Elephants  (Read 2254 times)

Kimmienemo

• View Profile
Silly Little Elephants
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:14:04 am »
Another find from the garage!  I am pretty sure that they are not worth much, but wanted to check before I tried to get rid of them.  While they are cute - in a vintage sort of way, I am not an elephant person.

I think they are a cream and sugar set, as one of the elephants has a small opening under his trunk - like a little spout.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Silly Little Elephants
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:35:34 am »
Had I not saw that ..made in Japan mark...i,d have said they look like Clarice Cliff...art deco...and this is the market that i,d target them at....obviously not saying they are...but under a similar listing...i think you,ll be amazed at what these might make.....i must make sure Avril does,nt see them..... ;)
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 06:52:33 am »
Kimmie here are your little guys  :D Lusterware usually sells well
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lusterware-Elephant-Creamer-Sugar-Japan-c-1950-4-5-high-Exc-Cond-ADORABLE-/230783561115?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bbc5ad9b

Bigwull I  love Clarice Cliff and the colors of these elephants is right in line with her work!! Have spent many a moon looking for that wonderful Clarice Cliff find at yard sales and such but have had NO luck!! Many antique dealers here have no clue who she is or her work!!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 06:58:28 am »
Kimmie here are your little guys  :D Lusterware usually sells well
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lusterware-Elephant-Creamer-Sugar-Japan-c-1950-4-5-high-Exc-Cond-ADORABLE-/230783561115?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bbc5ad9b

Bigwull I  love Clarice Cliff and the colors of these elephants is right in line with her work!! Have spent many a moon looking for that wonderful Clarice Cliff find at yard sales and such but have had NO luck!! Many antique dealers here have no clue who she is or her work!!!
...No Mac Reds left....so you,ll have to settle for Turkish Figs....there luverly...

Kimmienemo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 07:00:13 am »
You guys are soooo good!  I feel so silly!  I look and look and come up with nothing.  I post here, and the army of experts comes up with stuff in a matter of minutes!  You all AMAZE me!  

Thanks soooo much!

Unfortunately, the little darlings are growing on me!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 07:04:24 am »
You guys are soooo good!  I feel so silly!  I look and look and come up with nothing.  I post here, and the army of experts comes up with stuff in a matter of minutes!  You all AMAZE me!  

Thanks soooo much!

Unfortunately, the little darlings are growing on me!
glad to hear it....its not always about money....if they put a smile on your face..well and good...and if their not eating anything...then you,re winning all the way....

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 07:17:22 am »
Kimmie your welcome  ;D  They are very cute!!   and bigwull is right if they make you happy keep em!
I'll take those Turkish Figs yummm

Kimmienemo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 08:42:51 am »
I totally agree that it's not about the money.  On the other hand, I can't keep everything.  Our house is already filled with lots of "memories" as our housekeeper puts it  ;)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 09:53:02 am »
I totally agree that it's not about the money.  On the other hand, I can't keep everything.  Our house is already filled with lots of "memories" as our housekeeper puts it  ;)
Well, if its not about the money....keep what you like  and send the rest to me.....i,ll pay the postage....ha.ha.