Author Topic: Little Roll Top Desk and Chair Value  (Read 5299 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Little Roll Top Desk and Chair Value
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 02:54:05 pm »
Bigwull, it requires very, very little horsepower to move a 75 kilogram (165.3 lbs) mass parallel to the earth’s surface ….. thus the batteries in electric vehicles do a pretty good job at getting “flatlanders” where ever they want to go ….. and back again.

A vehicle’s MPG is calculated on “flatland” driving.

But now Bigwull, it requires one (1) horsepower of energy (745.7 watts) to raise a 75 kilograms (165.3 lbs) mass perpendicular to the earth’s surface, ….. against the earth's gravitational force, …. over a distance of one (1) meter (3.3 ft) in one (1) second. Or in one (1) hour or one (1) day, it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter if you stand up real quick like or you take ½ hour to stand up, it still requires the same amount of energy to overcome the force of gravity.   

The Nissan Leaf weighs 1,521 kg (3,354 lb) which means it requires a ell of a lot of energy when driving it in hilly or mountainous terrain. More energy than its batteries could possibly supply. Thus a totally electric vehicle would be SOL.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 03:37:17 pm »
Interesting cogar. I do have a heavy foot and I assume electric cars get slower as the electricity gets lower before you plug in.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 03:43:04 pm »
Interesting cogar. I do have a heavy foot and I assume electric cars get slower as the electricity gets lower before you plug in.
I don,t think it works like that...i think its like when you turn off the light,, then that,s when the bicycle that you have on the rack at the back, comes in handy and your heavy footsies pound those pedals....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 04:33:04 pm »
As for now !!  I am just glad we can afford the price of gas !! But if it should get down to it I have a gas powered golf cart that will run forever on a tank of gas !!  Will just take me a little longer to get there !! And six horses that are cheaper than that !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 04:56:02 pm »
Pray tell me what would you do if you were paying $53 for 5 gals.at this very moment!

meeple

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 07:17:35 pm »
Bigwull, it requires very, very little horsepower to move a 75 kilogram (165.3 lbs) mass parallel to the earth’s surface ….. thus the batteries in electric vehicles do a pretty good job at getting “flatlanders” where ever they want to go ….. and back again.

A vehicle’s MPG is calculated on “flatland” driving.

But now Bigwull, it requires one (1) horsepower of energy (745.7 watts) to raise a 75 kilograms (165.3 lbs) mass perpendicular to the earth’s surface, ….. against the earth's gravitational force, …. over a distance of one (1) meter (3.3 ft) in one (1) second. Or in one (1) hour or one (1) day, it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter if you stand up real quick like or you take ½ hour to stand up, it still requires the same amount of energy to overcome the force of gravity.   

The Nissan Leaf weighs 1,521 kg (3,354 lb) which means it requires a ell of a lot of energy when driving it in hilly or mountainous terrain. More energy than its batteries could possibly supply. Thus a totally electric vehicle would be SOL.

well there are other options for personal transport... ebikes are actually amazingly adept at going up hills... admittedly their load is much lower... but with the advances in lightweight building materials and more powerful and cheaper batteries... I could see us going electric in the near future for in-city driving at least... offroading will likely always be a high horsepower thing...

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2012, 08:40:51 pm »
Like a motorcycle, lol BigWullie, paying that kind of money for gas would cripple our economy. But, as for me I'm lucky to live near a train station. I hear train stocks have gone up. Share - a ride is also good. In Philadelphia share- a -ride has membership fee you can get a car for $20.00 a day, and the tank is filled. They take care of the insurance and everything else. If you live in a big city it's cost effective. You don't need to own a car personally. If you need a car for the day you call the service. Unforunately I live in the suburbs, so the train is the best answer. If we would stop using as much gas or at least cut back we could make the oil companirs suffer a little.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:42:46 pm by greenacres »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 12:22:52 am »
If everyone in any of the western countries stopped buying fuel for just one day....the oil companies would be shitting bricks....
i,m a firm believer of sharing...but unfortunately...not everyone share,s the same view...at least not over here...and another thing is...car makers should be made to limit the size of the engine...i don,t see the point of having a 2.3.4.5......litre engined car, that uses oodles of petrol...Christ, some of these beasts are only getting 8/10 miles to a gallon..Cars should be banned from city centre,s...engine sizes should be limited to 2 L.....