Author Topic: This is not exactly Antique but (it's a badge & old)....  (Read 2380 times)

xmelax38

• View Profile
This is not exactly Antique but (it's a badge & old)....
« on: October 07, 2012, 06:21:19 pm »
I know I posted a previous question but since this one is way off topic I thought I would try here.  I hope that although it is not antique, that you don't mind me posting it here anyway (it's vintage).

I have a BSA 1941 Red Felt Badge. I have googled and googled away and cannot find one like it. I also have another felt badge that I do not know the age of (it has George Washington Kneeling).  I hope someone here has some experience with old scout badges or knowledge of them.  I wondered if you might have some information on them and perhaps and idea if they are worth anything. I know some badges alone are worth a bundle. I am saving most of them for my son, because he has been in Boy Scouts for quite awhile and so far is going to continue until he graduates.  ???

Thanks ahead of time.   :-[   :)

I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: This is not exactly Antique but (it's a badge & old)....
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 01:34:12 am »
Here,s a similar one to your round-up...just a different location and colour...apart from these minor things..i,d say that is the same but different...as we say over here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FELT-1948-VINTAGE-CHICAGO-ILLINOIS-COUNCIL-B-S-A-BOY-SCOUT-ROUND-UP-PATCH-/400317748038?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d34cc1346
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 01:45:06 am »
i think i,m on the right track...found this, from 1910
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:29:57 am »
Yes, thank you!!!! :) :) I appreciate your help! We are bidding on some really old antiques this week and I hope we win them. Not sure that we have a chance though. Most of the time we don't look stuff up beforehand, but I am sure others do before they bid, so we probably won't have a chance. We are trying to get some nice antiques for our living room. It is a big change from what it used to look like (all Steelers stuff, ha ha).
I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 06:32:51 pm »
What is the diameter of the first aid badge? It's not a merit badge since they never had dates on them. If my thinking is correct, it could have been worn by a scout medic at the camp. We Boy Scouts love to put dates on all of our patches. That way, when we get lost in the woods, we can use our uniforms to show just how long we were lost. :D
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 07:19:14 pm »
2 1/2 inches is what I measured. :)

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 07:21:26 pm »
Not a merit badge then. Most likely an insignia for a staff worker.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 08:05:40 pm »
Not a merit badge then. Most likely an insignia for a staff worker.

Oh okay. Thank you, it is a big help. We were very unsure of what it was.