Author Topic: Cream poster repro?  (Read 4275 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Cream poster repro?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 06:56:33 pm »
Oops! Okay brain fart, not I feel better, I let it out. ;D Feel better,  ;D Now I'm blushing. ;D ;D ;D The devil made me do it!  ::)
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 07:15:09 pm »
      We get these kind of posters all the time at work, what I have learn to look for is condition vs. popularlity of the band in comparsion to the date.  What I mean is these poster were made to be used on poles and sometimes in cases.  Original ones will usually show wear from use, this is more the case with posters from early concerts, cause for the most part they were not popular enough to be collected.  In this case Cream started in 1966, this one dated 1968, would be a early poster if real and very few could be found in this condition, but it is possible.  Now you do have Eric Clapton who was already famous from the yardbirds, so there is a better chance of someone getting a unused one or one from a case and putting it away.  The next thing is fading from it being displayed on the wall from a avid fan, and of course smoked colored from well the room filled with smoke, cause only a young rebel would even snag one from the party room.  Basically the point being very few of these poster will have no signs of wear, and if it looks too good well it probably is, cause every head shop in town has a few repo's hanging around, for us older folks to hang on the wall to remember those great times of the late 60's and 70's.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 07:34:04 pm »
My husband loves the poster. There's a small music store in Philadelphia called "aka music" will get you any music you want. My husband's favorite place. Just a neat place to hang out! If you have a couple minutes or more, lol. I have "Rolling Stones" concert pins from at least four or five concerts, I have "old tickets from every concert or sporting event I ever went to. They are not worth much, but I put them with photos of the evening as a memory keepsake.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 07:38:00 pm »
Oh, and don't forget the "Billy Joel Bobble head", lol ;D

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 05:40:53 am »
An original Cream (note the spelling ;D) poster in this condition would be worth hundreds, maybe thousands.

And since we're talking rock memorabila, does anyone have a Queen ticket stub from St. Louis from their first U.S. tour, with Mott the Hoople?
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 08:46:25 am »
Thought I would look this one up !! They are everywhere for sale,, Amazon, Etsy, Ebay and a bunch of others !!  Prices I found were $5.99 to $9.99 !!