Author Topic: Stay safe everyone !!  (Read 9644 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Stay safe everyone !!
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 06:00:58 pm »
They are saying it may be about 10 days before power is restored to some areas.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 06:24:41 pm »
Will keep them and everyone else trying to recover, in my prayers!  Hope we hear something soon.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 06:50:07 pm »
Yes !!  Just heard this evening,, no cell service in the state !! I wonder about messenger pigeons ???

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 09:19:34 pm »
Things are bad. They can't gas for generators or cars. They are waiting hours. I don't think things will be normal for a while. Plenty without electric still due to big trees. People are just being allowed back to some areas tonight. Some areas are still off limits. There are people who don't have homes to go back too. Wires are still down everywhere. You really can't even travel in New York City. They say bike is best. We've been so lucky to never be touched by anything like this, so I don't think people could believe this would happen. We are all in a state of shock. My friend has no electric here and a damaged house at the shore with no flood ins. I saw on the news every possible scenario and it's not good. I sure frogpatch is physically okay, but is in survival mode.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 10:55:15 pm »
You are all in our prayers. 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 07:26:46 am »
Watched the report on Staten Island last night......they are finally getting some help on the ground. Fully one half of the deaths attributed to Sandy occurred on the island. I can certainly understand their negative reaction to the upcoming NYC marathon, with it's starting line on Staten Island.  As one representative stated, they need every body and pair of hands they can get. To be diverting police and other essential services to monitor a race when there are still people needing to be rescued from what's left of their homes, shelters established and food, water and other basics distributed, is nothing short of heartless.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 08:07:54 am »
I am in total agreement !!  What is wrong with those idiots ?? Who cares about a race ??

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 09:02:40 am »
I am in total agreement !!  What is wrong with those idiots ?? Who cares about a race ??

I highly doubt that this young woman is in the process of claiming her front row spot to view the start of the race.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 10:19:14 am »
People died !! They have no food, no water, no clean clothes, no power !! I think that if they gave her the opportunity to do that,, she might point that gun in a different direction and wish for bullets !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 10:46:37 am »
Obviously the people that called this race to go on got water on the brain!  They need help not bystanders!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 11:02:31 am »
I believe the NY mayor did that KC !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 04:35:39 pm »
Sometimes I despair...In situations like this,everyone should be pulling together,....but,it does,nt happen that way...people have died...others have lost everything...yet..o ut of the gutter,crawl the rats....both 4 legged and two....the 4 legged kind, i can can live with,..as they are only looking after themselves, its the two legged kind..that,i,d shoot on sight....and I hate guns,....these looters should get life....they are the scum of the earth...We had them over here last year, when there were riots in London...there was even one girl who got caught looting...her father was a multi millionaire...and after she was caught rich daddy tried to buy her out of trouble...but it did,nt work...she got jailed....

Then there,s the Government...instea d of spending billions on arms and Presidential campaigns,.they should maybe think about flood defence,s,...and a better infrastructure, on how to respond to these situations....I personally think,that they have had their heads buried in the sand...thinking...N a!!...it,ll never happen...the same thing happened over here in 2010....when we had that really bad winter...and they ran out of salt and grit for the roads....planes could,nt fly...everywhere you went cars were abandond...all because we have a government...that pussyfoots around,...with their snouts in the trough....or stuck up their a****
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 05:26:29 pm »
I can guarrantee that if it happened to them,,or if it affected them in some way,, it would be fixed fast !!  Government knew this was coming, two weeks ahead,, why not have emergency generators on the truck and ready to move,, have food and water on the truck and ready to go !!  FEMA is just a laugh and about as useless as,, OK I will not go into that,, but you know what I mean !!  Red Cross is not doing too well in my book either !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 06:53:23 pm »
Watch the big concert tonight and donate $10.00. Channel 10 It's from New York. Live Money goes to Red Cross, or go to their site. So emotional. It all breaks my heart.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 07:16:00 pm »
NYC Marathon CANCELLED!! Geez, guess someone got too much heat??.........now if only they could bottle that and distribute it to those who need it most......along with clean water, warm beds and places to live?