Author Topic: Wooden table handcut  (Read 4979 times)

gerspee

• View Profile
Wooden table handcut
« on: November 01, 2012, 02:09:37 am »
Have this old table and still no clue where made and when ? So anybody anyidea's about age and made where ? 

thanks

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Wooden table handcut
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 06:32:30 am »
Looking at your email ad...can i assume you are in Nederland...??..if you are from there then the chances are this was made in Deutschland...or maybe Denmark,can you give us the dimensions, and a plan view..of the top,...if it does,nt have a makers name, then it will be hard to tell who made it and when,all we will be able to do is roughly tell you how old the wood is,from the rings,in the grain,unless its made from a Burr,then it will be difficult...as to value..this type of furniture, is expensive to buy,and holds its price well,..over here in the UK, i have seen similar tables like this for sale at over £550/650....but they can be lower and higher..it all depends on size, what wood, and origin....see link to some more

http://www.artisanburlwood.com/table1.php

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:40:15 am by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:43:04 am »
Here's some new pictures and the sizes are widht 64 cm and 45 cm height . Must be the burr wood but have no clue what kind off tree it will be . Been workt on by chisel to make it more ?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 10:57:51 am »
Are any of these pics of the base bottom ??

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 11:07:14 am »
The third one is from the base in te last message . Here's some from the base . 

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 11:22:25 am »
Neat table!
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 11:39:12 am »
GORGEOUS TABLE!  I have always liked this kind but never had a place for one...yet.

I know here in the US they made them out of cypress and you could also find teak or cedar in the early/mid 1900's and you can still find them being made and sold at Arts & Craft Shows or Farmers Markets.  Search tree stump tables and you will find artisans that still make them and sell them for $$$$.  They still demand a nice price compared to other tables.

http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_item_2196568.html?source=froogle&mr:trackingCode=69D93AC3-1EE8-E111-9B44-001B21BCB944&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:match={matchtype}&mr:ad=16397963662&mr:keyword={keyword}&mr:filter=19250232502&gclid=CJf1-p-orrMCFSOnPAodbCUAMw

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:45:07 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 03:50:18 pm »
Right !!  This one reminds me of the ones imported from South America in the 70`s and 80`s !! The base has a finish that appears plastic like !!  Its not a finish that is normally used !!  But if it is,, you will not have water spots on it !! That is a tough finish !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 04:06:16 pm »
Imported to where??...

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 06:56:45 pm »
Here !!  Lot of people used them in lake cabins and some blended them with any rustic decorating scheme !! You could buy them at most import shops !!  Look at the finish on the base how thick and plastic it appears !! Edges too !!  I don`t know what they used but it was sure different !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 07:28:32 pm »
Here is USA Texas, South.....
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 07:38:05 pm »
LOL  !!  All Texans know where "here" is,,down here,,over here and up here !!  As well as down yonder,, over yonder,, and up yonder !!  Takes care of the whole state !!  Thats why Texans are never lost !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 08:26:55 am »
LOL  !!  All Texans know where "here" is,,down here,,over here and up here !!  As well as down yonder,, over yonder,, and up yonder !!  Takes care of the whole state !!  Thats why Texans are never lost !!

Texans never get lost!!....Famous last words...LOL!!.well my Dear Mart,you,re certainly lost on this one....this table is in Nederland...that,s Holland to everyone else....and i don,t see this coming from S,America...had you read my first reply...you would have noted t...that its in Europe....unless this table has made in Timbuktoo,stamped on its base....it most likely came from the Schwarzwald region of southern Germany..."Black Forest"...to everyone else....what was that you were tootin....never lost... ;D ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 08:44:37 am »
Wullie,, I knew where he was !!  He has posted here a while !! And if you will read again,, I said it "reminds me of" those tables !! Not that it was one,, although one can assume that if we got them,, other countries did too !! There are importers worldwide !!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 08:54:31 am »
Meh
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford