Author Topic: Game Peices??  (Read 2447 times)

clearangle

• View Profile
Game Peices??
« on: November 22, 2012, 11:56:04 am »
Anyone know what theses are? The the white ones seem to be made of Bone or ivory and the black ones look like stone. There is about 20 of each piece and they look handmade. None of them are identical. I can't find anything about them. Thanks :)

Photo is attached
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:58:00 am by clearangle »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Game Peices??
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:20:36 pm »
Where did you get them ?? And where are you located ?? U.S.??  Thats what they look like but I have no idea what game !!

clearangle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 12:42:31 pm »
I found them at my grandparents in Arkansas. They moved here from Hawaii and before that basically traveled the world. So i really have no idea where they originated. Neither of them have any idea what they are.

Where did you get them ?? And where are you located ?? U.S.??  Thats what they look like but I have no idea what game !!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 05:21:30 pm »
Well,, they both appear to be stone !! I enlarged the pic and there is no grain showing in the white ones !!  Ivory would show a crosshatched grain,, bone would be a straight grain !! These show some tiny darker flecks but no grain that I could see so pretty sure they are stone of some sort !!
Dp they remember where they got them ??

clearangle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 06:42:04 pm »

Good to know. No they don't remember anything about them. I've been trying to find something similar online but can't seem to come up with anything.

Well,, they both appear to be stone !! I enlarged the pic and there is no grain showing in the white ones !!  Ivory would show a crosshatched grain,, bone would be a straight grain !! These show some tiny darker flecks but no grain that I could see so pretty sure they are stone of some sort !!
Dp they remember where they got them ??

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 07:07:36 pm »
I would count the number of each,, then look for games that use that number !! Since there are two shapes would be a game for two players !! I am not a game player so anything other than domino`s, 42, or checkers is out of my league !! :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 10:13:52 am »
Looks stone to me as well Mart.

Better-half just left for weekly trip to Hawaii...will send pic so they can ask around about it.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 07:35:42 pm »
She said 20 of each ??  Of each color or each shape/color ???

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 08:13:56 pm »
i,ve got a feeling that these chukkies...are used in a strategic board game,...perhaps similar to ..GO....??...4 players each with 20 pieces....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 03:32:38 am »
Maybe they were used for voting.

No rule saying they had to be marbles, is there?

Course you would need one of these also.

clearangle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 01:12:56 pm »
Thanks! I just counted and there is a lot more than I originally  thought. There are 48  of the white cone shaped stones, 100 of the white triangles, 38 of the black cones and 92 of the black triangles.

I would count the number of each,, then look for games that use that number !! Since there are two shapes would be a game for two players !! I am not a game player so anything other than domino`s, 42, or checkers is out of my league !! :)

Looks stone to me as well Mart.
Better-half just left for weekly trip to Hawaii...will send pic so they can ask around about it.

She said 20 of each ??  Of each color or each shape/color ???
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:18:29 pm by clearangle »