Author Topic: 6-arm Wall Candelabra  (Read 4757 times)

Dallas

• View Profile
6-arm Wall Candelabra
« on: December 10, 2012, 11:07:34 am »
I'm not concerned about how much this thing is worth as I am interested how to search for another one.  Bought this for $100 at an antique store.  I fell in love with it when I saw it because it is fairly regal with a subtle creepy look - clean creepy.

Things I do know about it:
  • It's all light gauge metal except the ornamental shield which appears to be resin
  • mounting bracket on the back side of the shield is light gauge steel
  • no markings that I saw

What style it is and how I could find another one?  Thank you in advance!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: 6-arm Wall Candelabra
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 11:15:25 am »
Thank God its on your wall...and not on mine.... ;) ;)
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 12:06:08 pm »
Thank God its on your wall...and not on mine.... ;) ;)
lol, not a big fan of it??  Different strokes for different folks I guess.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 12:12:14 pm »
You,re right there...my wife says i,ve got  taste like an ingin....thats Scots ..for onion... ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:41:18 pm »
Dallas, Wullie is a true Scottman...says what he is a thinkin'!  My family always comes running when they hear me laugh out loud and asks "What did Wullie say this time?"

I really like your wall sconce!  Are you in Dallas?  This is very stylish in this area of the country!!!!

When you had it off of the wall was there any imprint or labeling on it as to the manufacturer? 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 12:50:50 pm »
Dallas, Wullie is a true Scottman...says what he is a thinkin'!  My family always comes running when they hear me laugh out loud and asks "What did Wullie say this time?"

I really like your wall sconce!  Are you in Dallas?  This is very stylish in this area of the country!!!!

When you had it off of the wall was there any imprint or labeling on it as to the manufacturer? 
....a true "Scotsman"....well..50% anyway...and 50%..Ukrainian.... ;D.

Dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 01:22:50 pm »

I appreciate the honesty!  This means if he's got one... he can send it my way!

I'm in southern california.

I don't recall seeing *any* markings on it whatsoever.  Markings aside, what style is this or revival era?  I will look at the back closer when I get to it later on.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 02:16:19 pm »
I would recommend that you look on Houzz.com under products.  Otherwise, check Craigs list, Ebay, etc if you want an on line.  OR keep hitting those second hand shops!!!

I do not believe yours is an antique or vintage, but an elaborate repro (from what I can tell from the picture).  I have a huge chandelier in my formal with 18 arms in much the same style and it is a repro.  (An original was too costly and 3 x heavier!)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 02:30:29 pm »
I would recommend that you look on Houzz.com under products.  Otherwise, check Craigs list, Ebay, etc if you want an on line.  OR keep hitting those second hand shops!!!

I do not believe yours is an antique or vintage, but an elaborate repro (from what I can tell from the picture).  I have a huge chandelier in my formal with 18 arms in much the same style and it is a repro.  (An original was too costly and 3 x heavier!)
I, should have guessed that you were a Port out/Starboard home...kind of person....over here its called the Dining room...for some...but for the masses..its the kitchen.... ;D

Dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 02:54:03 pm »

Yeah I guarantee it's not antique... Do you have any idea what the style is called?  I looked it awhile ago but forgot what it was called.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 08:06:34 pm »
 ;)  Love it Dallas It looks to be a French or Italian style repo Try searching    twisted rope electric wall sconce  , rope electric wall sconce , then try adding French to that or Italian reproduction and see what you come up with.   Good luck!! you may not find the exact one but one that will compliment it nicely!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 09:42:04 pm »
So. Cal !!  That explains the other wall sconce !!  They are quite popular there !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 11:19:55 pm »
Wullie, I have them in my formal entry, formal dining room and formal living room.  The kitchen doesn't have a chandelier...but the dinette has a nice brass one one!  :) 

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 01:17:42 am »
Wullie, I have them in my formal entry, formal dining room and formal living room.  The kitchen doesn't have a chandelier...but the dinette has a nice brass one one!  :) 
different names..for the same thing...over here formal entry  = Lobby..or hall...formal living room  = lounge  or sitting room,..dinette  = kitchen/diner....and depending on where you stay over here..the bathroom can also be known as the karzi.... ;D

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 06:43:09 am »
"the bathroom can also be known as the karzi.... "

Or in England the kazi, as in "who would wallpaper the kazi orange??  A landlord, that's who."

Errrr....anyway, I'd call this "Mediterranean Renaissance Revival" or "Mediterranean Provincial" due to the cartouche and its attendant classical overtones.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford