Author Topic: Hello everyone I'm new  (Read 14561 times)

HistoryHound

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« on: December 06, 2004, 08:53:36 am »
Hi! :D My name is Debra Thomlinson.  I live on Vancouver Island with my hubby and son.  I recently acquired from my grandmother a signed limited edition R.H.Palenske titled "Payday" in a very 30's frame in mint condition.  Anyone know of its value?

Also I am a relation to John Cabot the mariner who traveled in 1490 something to Canada.  I have his son's baby spoon Sebastian Cabot and other spoons from the family as well as a weird metal smoking pipe that has a round part at the end of it with holes.  I would love to know when that was made and what the values of the above items are if anyone knows

Plus I have a stunning water pitcher (I will take a picture of it) with four sorta tea cups that go with it made and hand painted in the early 1800's on the bottom it has a "J&C" with shamrocks on either side of the stamp.

Anyone know of the maker and value on THAT beauty!!!!!

It's driving me nuts not havin info :blink:  

HistoryHound

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 12:44:50 pm »
Ok how the heck do I post pictures here, everytime I try it says its too big.  But if I make the picture any smaller than no one can see it proper <_<  

HistoryHound

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 12:57:34 pm »
ok now

HistoryHound

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 01:02:35 pm »
here is the jug, I couldn't get the markings to focus with my camera though.  The water jug stands 7"high and is 7 1/2" wide at the base, it has gold around the edges of its top portion.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 05:34:26 pm by HistoryHound »

HistoryHound

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 01:30:46 pm »
Oh I forgot, the jug comes with four cups painted with the same motif.

Tim

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 10:21:33 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forums............. ...Your jug is what I consider a cider pitcher, but J&C is not ringing bells. It does have the look of a quality porcelain piece though. I would surmise retail $3-$400 and the cups probably $40 each. No chips, cracks, etc............

We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give.

Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 05:09:36 am »
:o tim is correct about your' pitcher. it was made in bavaria germany. it has a value of about $350.00 dollars. your picture.$250.00 to $300.00 dollars.

HistoryHound

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 08:51:28 am »
Thank you so much for the info.  There are no cracks, chips or hazes.  The set is mint!  Now I'll keep it a little higher on the shelf though :o

My hubby took some more shots,  if anyone has information on the following please, please let me know. :blink:  

HistoryHound

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 08:57:46 am »
Here is the weird smoking pipe thingy.  It looks like something the ladies might of used. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated

Tim

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 09:02:13 am »
Hi again............Ba varia it is indeed..........Jae ger & Co., Bavaria Germany, circa 1902
___________________ _
best............... ............Tim

HistoryHound

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 11:37:13 am »
This is the last of my grandma's collection.  I tried to take digi pictures of the Cabot spoon but they end up hazy. ;) So here is the final piece of pottery.

HistoryHound

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 11:40:17 am »
Here is the markings on its back

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 05:40:39 pm »
tim I'am surprised at you' I for got to sign in I have been erased for some reason. royal doulton bowl.circa 1891 to 1902. $75.00 to $125.00 dollars. KERRY WE MISS YOU! P.S. KERRYBEE LOVES THESE POTTERY QUESTIONS. :o  

Tim

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 09:14:51 pm »
Hi again.............. Hey D&B.......I saw up above an unregistered guest but I didn't relalize it was you...............

Debra.......Your smoking pipe thingy? Photo is too small for me to make out what it is. Maybe you can post some photos in sections? Then I probably still won't know what it is............ :rolleyes:

HistoryHound

• View Profile
Hello everyone I'm new
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004, 10:22:02 pm »
Hi Tim,

I'm Mark, Debra's husband.  Even if I cut this into 3 sections, by the time I resize to 10K (as listed at the bottom of the page) I've got such poor resolution I cannot see it.

I can post this image to the HP share to web site (our camera is an HP) or email directly, or the resolution may not be as good as I'd like.  Do you have any suggestions - is there a particular program you use to resize and not lose resolution?

Mark