Author Topic: Another Mystery for us at Goodwill  (Read 14644 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Another Mystery for us at Goodwill
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2012, 08:20:00 pm »
     Turns out one of the big bosses at work wants to look into this item a bit more, so it was ended until we can find out some more.   This is a good thing usually it seem for the most part they don't care too much about what the item is and we just post and see.  Maybe this will be a trend to look a bit more on items that could be special.  Again I will start to dig some more and I will let you know about any further developements.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 12:05:00 am »
Good news. I hope you can find someone who can tell you more about it!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

kesgill

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 09:59:44 am »
I'm so glad!  Maybe the Center for Burma Studies at Northern Illinois University mentioned earlier will have some answers?  Best of luck and keep us posted - no pun intended  :)
"The spirit of the Knowledge Society is the spirit of Pluralism—a readiness to accept the Other, indeed to learn from him, to see difference as an opportunity rather than a threat."
- His Highness the Aga Khan IV (2006, Karachi, PK)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 02:28:33 pm »
Great news to hear.  Let us know what you find out!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

kesgill

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2013, 08:45:57 am »
Hi Ironlord - I finally heard back from my colleagues in Burma, and, unfortunately, none of them recognize the script as Shan.  That doesn't mean that it's not an ancient script, just that, in 2013, they can't read it.  Sorry not to be more help, but I was wondering if you had heard any more back.
"The spirit of the Knowledge Society is the spirit of Pluralism—a readiness to accept the Other, indeed to learn from him, to see difference as an opportunity rather than a threat."
- His Highness the Aga Khan IV (2006, Karachi, PK)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2013, 07:09:55 pm »
Agree kesgill!  Inquiring minds want to know!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Ipcress

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2013, 06:00:07 am »
     Turns out one of the big bosses at work wants to look into this item a bit more, so it was ended until we can find out some more.   This is a good thing usually it seem for the most part they don't care too much about what the item is and we just post and see.  Maybe this will be a trend to look a bit more on items that could be special.  Again I will start to dig some more and I will let you know about any further developements.

Good idea

Is it all text ? I've seen Burmese religious / educational books like this.