Poll

Any value on frames from Illinois Moulding Co?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Illinois Moulding Company  (Read 7350 times)

IoanaS

• View Profile
Illinois Moulding Company
« on: December 16, 2012, 03:57:21 pm »
Does this label Illinois Moulding Co. means its a reprint with value? I have 4 small prints: 2 Hals Frans, 1 Rembrandt, 1 Jam Varmeer. On the back of each of them says Illinois Moulding Co. Prom 925.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Illinois Moulding Company
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 04:06:05 pm »
Does this label Illinois Moulding Co. means its a reprint with value? I have 4 small prints: 2 Hals Frans, 1 Rembrandt, 1 Jam Varmeer. On the back of each of them says Illinois Moulding Co. Prom 925.
I take it you mean Frans Hals.... :D.and Jan Vermeer...what are the measurements of these prints...pics would also help....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:11:10 pm by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 04:29:13 pm »

Located in Chicago in early 1900's to appx 1970, Windsor Art Products produced reproductions of original art that they received rights to reproduce....thus it was a decorative arts publishing company.  It had prints made and artists that gave proper brush strokes/etc by pressing or embossing to simulate an original.  This was not done to deceive but to make art affordable to the general population.  The main company (Illinois Moulding Company) framed the pieces and usually had gold/metal nameplates identifying the pieces. 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

IoanaS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 04:42:46 pm »
Here are the 4.  They are smaller than A4 size paper and that's with the frame.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 04:59:46 pm »
They don,t carry a lot of value..from what i,ve found...see link to these on Etsy...albeit..the frames are not as ornate...but it may give you a guide..

http://www.etsy.com/listing/107966220/two-vintage-illinois-moulding-co?ref=sr_list_1&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=Illinois+moulding&ga_view_type=list&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=Illinois+moulding

I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

IoanaS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 05:03:41 pm »
Oh, thank you very much.