Author Topic: Green Tree Mother Rabbit  (Read 1816 times)

mwilliamscps

• View Profile
Green Tree Mother Rabbit
« on: December 16, 2012, 04:56:53 pm »
Got this at a thrift store a while ago. Can't find any product from this company online. Just wondering if this could be worth something. thank you.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Green Tree Mother Rabbit
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 07:26:49 pm »
Check back issues of Country Living Magazine from late 60`s through early 80`s !! Many of these dolls can be found there !!  Some were home industries and sold through magazine only !!

mwilliamscps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 07:39:07 pm »
Check back issues of Country Living Magazine from late 60`s through early 80`s !! Many of these dolls can be found there !!  Some were home industries and sold through magazine only !!
Thank you! Would you say it has value?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 07:50:54 pm »
Sorry but as a collectable,, not much !!  Maybe $10. !!  This was a fad thing that lasted a little while and everyone was making them !!  Country Living advertised them then everyone started  making the same thing !!  And those that didn`t want to buy one could get a pattern and make your own !! Now around here (Texas) you can find them at garage sales for a dollar or two !!  Same way it went for Beanie Babies !! Now you can`t give them away !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:37:44 pm »
Well, here,s a seller of a "rare" Beanie who seems to think..."we are all buttoned up the back".....don,t all fall off yer seats

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/200687367671?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 10:56:28 pm »
Hey Wullie, I looked at others it showed listed on your side of the pond...and there were lots of them for thousands of pounds and then there were those that were 5 pounds...same thing!  Go figure?!?!?!?

No back to the post...agree with the previous comments about lots of companies cropped up with these type of animals in that time era.  Seems the Holly Hobby phase kicked this off and homemakers went crazy for this type of item.

In my neck of the woods (which is woods just a little further west from Mart) this would only sell for $5 to $7.  Bottom line, if you like it...keep it!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 05:11:48 am »
Right you are Mart. Ever so often Country Living magazine would be chock full of pictures of those “craft” items, including the vendors name, address and retail price.

I drew up my own plans of probably a dozen of the “wood” items and then cut the patterns out of scrap 1/8” paneling. Then say on a Tues or Wed I could “cut out” 1 or 3 of “whatever” and sell them at the fleamarket on the weekend. An $8 1”x12” pine board would gross me upwards of a $100. And I sold BUNCHES of them cause my sell price was like ½ what others were selling them for.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 06:50:53 am »
Cogar,, I did the same thing with the cypress knee father Christmas figures !! I wanted one but didn`t want to pay $49.95 that Country Living had them listed for !! We were at Caddo Lake at the time and a friend had waterfront property he was clearing for a boat dock so I got all the cypress knees !! Painted them and sold the heck out of them for less that CL`s price and still made good money !!  Still have one of them I use at Christmas !!