Author Topic: Need more info on my musical Santa  (Read 4276 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Need more info on my musical Santa
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 05:27:10 am »
Mizme, the question is, ….. which part is/was broken, ….. the end off the key (winder) or the threaded end of the winding shaft of the mechanism?

My guess is, the end off the key (winder base) was broken off flush with the base of the Santa Claus. And my reasons for said guess is, …..

1. the base of the Santa Claus itself is probably Ό” to ½” thick with a hole in the center and the mechanism affixed to the top of it.

2. the threaded end of the winding shaft of the mechanism would not have extended through the base it is affixed too …… for reasons of the manufacturing process.

Thus, my 2nd guess is, the broken shaft in the hole of the base …… should un-screw from the mechanism ….. and then a new “winder” with the same thread size made to replace it. 

the force required to break off the winding shaft of the mechanism would surely have screwed up the mechanism.

Mizmelzy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 08:08:46 pm »
I've been looking on ebay for years and I have never found one exactly like mine :(.  I'm sure they are out there though!

Mel

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 08:16:35 pm »
Its not important that the Santa look like yours,,,just that its base is like yours !! Ask before buying one if the base screws off ?? I am sure they made several types of Santas with the same base and winding system !!