Author Topic: Sun Rubber Mickey Mouse Belt Buckle  (Read 1921 times)

hambiscuit

• View Profile
Sun Rubber Mickey Mouse Belt Buckle
« on: December 17, 2012, 06:27:28 pm »
Hi!  I was wondering if someone could tell me how to identify the original buckle from fakes.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Sun Rubber Mickey Mouse Belt Buckle
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 07:21:39 pm »
http://www.antique-shop.com/forums/index.php?topic=6430.0
From an old post here !!  Gives some company info !!  Looks like they made quite a few Disney and Warner Bros items !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 07:35:55 pm »
"I was disappointed to see so many MM buckles, so many for sale cheap. Then Smrekar started pointing out more details
about my own buckle-ideas which were encouraging. He said my buckle was “cast very well,” noted its expected brass
weight, the fact that the MM figure had good dimensions, no damages shown. Then I looked even more closely and for
the first time noted that the very small clasp was lined, as in the deco style of the period for30’s items. Now I believe it unlikely that the buckle’s a fake, but genuine, in great shape. After all, it was protected, stashed safely for more than half a century somewhere in a vintage house. Value? Appraiser suggested $25.00- $60.00, but thought maybe, considering condition, starting at $100.00 at auction, might be smart."  Article: Collecting Adventures by Rosemary Lee Potter
www.newportplaintal k.com/tearsheets/editions/npt...1.../A-09.pdf
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 11:31:49 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me..how different people use different words...for the same thing...over here...it would be...It was stored in the loft of an old house....or is Vintage..really just a Posh word for old... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,