Author Topic: Old Mexican sterling silver bracelet  (Read 5023 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Old Mexican sterling silver bracelet
« on: December 28, 2012, 03:03:28 pm »
I know this bracelet needs some "TLC", lol, but it's been worn with a lot of love. ;D This is my daughter's. She's curious to see what you guys think. ;D She thinks it's antique. It was a gift from a friend.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
Re: Old Mexican sterling silver bracelet
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 08:16:22 pm »
Well it seems that Jewelry from Taxco region is quite popular !!  Only EDH I could find was El Dorado Hills !! Will look more tomorrow !!  Its a nice bracelet !!!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 08:57:32 pm »
Thank you! I'll make you laugh. My daughter was out 2 weeks ago and someone broke into her truck. That's not the funny part. ;D They stole "CD'S and her phone charger, but in the car was the bracelet. That they left. Stupid crooks! Foolish daughter! ;D Lecture 2,000, lol Don't leave things like that in your truck. Her friend had Honduran relatives. The friend who gave her the bracelet.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 09:08:42 pm »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 11:45:21 pm »
So far your marks reflect TAXCO CPO  (TAXCO Central Purchasing Office)

Which makes me wonder...the only time I have seen CPO is when it was through a military base in the past!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 10:21:35 am »
I have no idea of the real past of the bracelet. I thought it was from his family.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 10:42:11 am »
i think in this instance..the past of this bracelet is of little importance...it is its origin...if it is a genuine Taxco piece...which it looks like..then..its worth a good few $$$
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 12:24:42 pm »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 12:55:41 pm »
Wullie...maybe you don't think it is important...but CPO (military) items for jewelry are most noted from the 1940's...so it helps date and give history to the item.  It is a beautiful piece and worth well over $100...but it could be worth more if provenance is established!  :P 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:57:19 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 05:48:16 pm »
Wullie...maybe you don't think it is important...but CPO (military) items for jewelry are most noted from the 1940's...so it helps date and give history to the item.  It is a beautiful piece and worth well over $100...but it could be worth more if provenance is established!   

::)
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 08:59:54 pm »
http://www.925-1000.com/mexican_marks.html

Tmanks, mart. After looking at your sight I decided to look up the marks. Do you think the markings would lead the age to be 1920-1940's?

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 09:13:42 pm »
Thanks KC. It's hard to get the info though. It's a long story, lol. He was a dear friend of my daughter's. We had him to family dinner and to my son's wedding. My husband's family saw him as marriage potenial. ;D My daughter didn't. ;D They were just close friends. It tuned out no one knew he had some secrets. Anyway he's in the bighouse, lol and he deserves it! It was very upsetting. We were all in shock. At the time he was working for my husband. All he said was he was leaving for Honduras. My husband's funny. He told him he was just watching "Locked Up Abroad" and told him he'd better behave himself there because they use cattle prods in a joke. Who knew he was going on the run. The FBI caught up with two years later in Honduras. Nothing like a little exitement!

JAT

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 02:02:35 am »
Hey Mart... Are you sure the mark is EDH?  And yup - the city of Taxco just north of the state of Guerrero is very popular!

Well it seems that Jewelry from Taxco region is quite popular !!  Only EDH I could find was El Dorado Hills !! Will look more tomorrow !!  Its a nice bracelet !!!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 08:54:09 am »
If I took it to a jeweler and had it fixed up a little would it effect the value? I would have it cleaned. Or, should I leave it as is.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 09:05:17 am »
Hey Mart... Are you sure the mark is EDH?  And yup - the city of Taxco just north of the state of Guerrero is very popular!

Since these were usually only marked with the makers initials,, it could be anything !! But thats what it looks like to me !! I have looked at several others with different initials but similar styling !!