Author Topic: old baby clothes  (Read 1090 times)

suesyl

• View Profile
old baby clothes
« on: December 29, 2012, 12:28:01 pm »
I just found some old baby clothes most of which I think are from 1920. Mostly dresses for a one or two year old child. Some baby hats, some wool mittens and winter hats. There is one dress that had pinned whose dress it was and that one is from about 1872 by the genealogy that was left with the house. Several are white linen type fabric, a couple of the outfits are bloomer type that the top and bottoms are buttoned together. First what should I do with these? Clean them? They have been stored in a box wrapped in newspaper dated 1947. There are a few spots,where there is staining from when bugs have died, a few have some small holes. Any ideas on whether I should care for these or throw them out. Is there any value to them? I haven't taken any pics yet if that would help I can try to get that done. Thanks for the help. You are all my "go to" friends :).

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: old baby clothes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:44:49 pm »
Pics are a big Help....and Talesof...may have an interest.as she is far more knowledgeable...tha n me....when it comes to this kind of thing.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 01:07:20 pm »
Don't throw them away...There are doll collectors that look for vintage clothing to dress up some of the bigger composition babies.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 01:31:27 pm »
Indeed they have value !!  Wait for Tales but try to get a pic so she can see them !!