Author Topic: Stamp  (Read 1193 times)

suesyl

• View Profile
Stamp
« on: December 29, 2012, 03:03:52 pm »
I just found a George Washington one cent stamp laying in a drawer with pencils and "stuff" rolling over it. On the internet I found out it is a Scott some number from 1914-1917. I don't know how to determine the perforation or waterstamp. I have seen some prices on the internet that has me a little nervous on how to treat this. Although as long as I don't throw it away it can't be any worse that how it has been treated for the last 90 years! Any help you can send my way on what to do to verify what it really is would help. I have a picture, but no cord to transfer to the computer with me. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Stamp
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 04:12:53 pm »

suesyl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 04:22:27 pm »
I made a special trip to get my cord. Here is the picture. Thanks Mart I'll check the site.

JAT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 02:59:36 am »
Isn't it exciting to find things one would never expect stuffed in drawers, a book, garage, barn, et cetera?!  Very nice.  We have a metal detector which we use on occasion and have found some very interesting items, mostly junk I might add, but nevertheless every once in a while......

I just found a George Washington one cent stamp laying in a drawer with pencils and "stuff" rolling over it. On the internet I found out it is a Scott some number from 1914-1917. I don't know how to determine the perforation or waterstamp. I have seen some prices on the internet that has me a little nervous on how to treat this. Although as long as I don't throw it away it can't be any worse that how it has been treated for the last 90 years! Any help you can send my way on what to do to verify what it really is would help. I have a picture, but no cord to transfer to the computer with me. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 07:27:11 am »
The faint lines across it looks like it may be a cancelled stamp !! But its still in nice condition !!