Author Topic: Drop-face Drawer Cabinet, skeleton key swing doors, what is it for?  (Read 33072 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Drop-face Drawer Cabinet, skeleton key swing doors, what is it for?
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2013, 02:04:28 pm »
would that be Mesquite...Texas..o r Nevada....and while i,m on about Mesquite....is this stuff any good....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2013, 02:13:58 pm »
That would be Mesquite, Texas !!  From where I lived you could chunk a rock and hit the Mesquite Championship Rodeo !!  Not sure but I think they either moved the rodeo or built 635 around it somewhere !!  Don`t know about the bottled smoke !!  Never touch the stuff myself !!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2013, 02:26:53 pm »
Oh My !!  Thats a shock to the system !!  Just looked at a map !! Where I lived on Orchid isn`t there any more,, Hickory tree RD is now Rodeo Drive and what looks like the place where Potter Lane was is now Neal Gay Drive !!  The Brick yard isn`t there !!  Who would have thought that after 30 + years they would have changed all that ??  At least they left Peachtree Rd !!  I might be able to find Five Points again !!  Bet they have done away with Zip City too !!  Shame on them !!

glasschick

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2013, 02:28:32 pm »
Rauville, thanks for the key info, great idea filing it down!  As far as the reality TV..I've seen worse shows...at least I would watch this one, lol!
As Wullie said...."The Wellington Chest Saga of "'12-'13", and so on the saga goes.....it might actually make for a great show!

KC, WOW...ok, I will not complain about our tiny golf ball sized hail...that is an amazing picture!

Wullie, when I lived in Vegas (yeah, yuck!) we used mesquite wood for BBQ...actually pretty tasty...hate the fake smoke flavors!

It has been so rainy here trees are literally falling down with huge root balls lifting up from ground!  I now have a natural pond...full of ground water.  Not as pretty as the koi pond (which stays nice and full here...) my guess is 90" this year, well over our average!

This is a riot...I love it!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 02:30:35 pm by glasschick »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2013, 02:55:23 pm »
My guess is you are in Pacific NW ??  Northern CA !!

glasschick

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2013, 03:49:56 pm »
mart...dead center on Oregon coast, the "other" (not famous) South Beach...about 1/8 mile from beach.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2013, 04:04:55 pm »
That would be Mesquite, Texas !!  From where I lived you could chunk a rock and hit the Mesquite Championship Rodeo !!  Not sure but I think they either moved the rodeo or built 635 around it somewhere !!  Don`t know about the bottled smoke !!  Never touch the stuff myself !!
..yeah!.I remember.......you led a sheltered life... ;D...

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2013, 04:38:11 pm »
Mart, that whole area has been "made over" and from that corner of 635 almost all the way to Terrell on 80 and 20 and 30...is still under construction!  The nightmare continues!

Good advice from different viewpoints about the key.  I always buy antique keys when I come across them cheaply!  Never know if you will get the right one...need one down the line...or just fill a bowl with them for people to fiddle with for fun!  You would be surprised!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2013, 05:21:21 pm »
and when you,re trying them....99%..of the time its the second but last that does the trick....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2013, 06:14:27 pm »
Mart, that whole area has been "made over" and from that corner of 635 almost all the way to Terrell on 80 and 20 and 30...is still under construction!  The nightmare continues!

Good advice from different viewpoints about the key.  I always buy antique keys when I come across them cheaply!  Never know if you will get the right one...need one down the line...or just fill a bowl with them for people to fiddle with for fun!  You would be surprised!

Some of the roads I couldn`t even find !!  And I have ridden, driven or walked every inch of that area !!  Hard to see it now in highways rather than country roads !!  At least this little town is slower to change !!

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2013, 06:40:22 pm »
Sorry I'm still a newbie,but this is getting ridiculous. I appreciate all the help I've received for my items,but if I wanted to know the weather I would watch the weather network. My point being if one was to post an ANTIQUE question it had already fallen down list. No disrespect. Hoping the moderator doesn't oust me for this. (Probably made it worse didn't I)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2013, 08:34:14 pm »
Looking back at the page of questions,, I don`t see anything that wasn`t covered as well as we possibility could  !!  One thing you forget, this is not an impersonal site where you give an answer and then,, the heck with it !!  We are also friends no matter if we know each person personally or not !!  And sometimes thats what friends do,, chit chat and talk about things not related to this forum weather included !!  Breaks the monotany for many of us !!
Is there something you need help with ??  We keep a pretty close eye on new posts !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2013, 08:46:43 pm »
Buddie11, welcome to the forum of CRAZIES that give advice/research/tidbits of joy and wisdom for FREE!!!!

:)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2013, 09:45:32 pm »
Sorry for the comments guys,hope I didn't overstay my welcome. I'm a newish collector, still looking for new treasures that I will need help with,your advice is appreciated. Thanks

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2013, 07:01:26 am »
Buddie11, You are more than welcome to bring your treasures (antique/vintage) here.  We will try our best to help you figure out the mystery.  Along the way, we may get sidetracked (Kind of like right now) with occasional updates on life/places...and then at times we may inadvertently hijack a thread, but we will always try our best to help the question get resolved.

:)