Author Topic: White elephant treasure!!!!  (Read 2376 times)

crowbottom

• View Profile
White elephant treasure!!!!
« on: December 13, 2004, 07:22:57 am »
Thanks to D & B and all others for the direction.  I have researched every place I know of and still can't find any solid info.  I have not spent time in the library which I will today or tomorrow.  You'd think i could find a picture of it on the web.  I got this plate in a white elephant gift exchange the other night.  Everyone thought it was ugly but I loved it and could tell it was rare.  If any of you have some extra time please help me to find more solid info.  
It is about 18 inches long very ovale and beveled gold edges.  It has two fishes with funny fins and flowers and weeds and grass in the background.  On the back it says   Max Rosengberg  Przemysl.  Any info at all is very much appreciated.
Crowbottom
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 07:23:39 am by crowbottom »

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 05:57:54 pm »
I might be off track, but kerrybee loves a mystery. I would'nt be a bit surprised if she picks this up and crack's it for you. she is respectfull of others and would prefer and invite. go for it kerry!

crowbottom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 07:14:36 pm »
Great Idea  D & B,  Kerrybee  please go for it!!! If you more info let me know!!
Crowbottom

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 12:11:58 am »
Okay guys, I rose to the occasion - again - honestly, I've run every possible combo of Max Rosenberg and Prezmysl, with & without pottery, or porcelain or plates, or platters, and yes with & without Austria - Whew!  What's a web researcher to do?  Oh, yes, and game plates, platters, etc.  

So, what I'm picturing is a fine porcelain platter, in the tradition of Bavarian China, and if so, I go with D & B.

Then again, without pics, I see a more contemporary platter, heavier pottery perhaps.  A "Pier One" type.  Then I'd say $25 or so.  

My own company's Xmas party is the 16th.  My gift for the x-change is cute, rather unique, and honestly, I think I'll keep the Made In Wherever label on it - - LOL    :lol:

Bottom line - some day, when I'm searching for something else, I'll run across this, and --------yes, track it back to you.  This is why I love my hobby.   :rolleyes:   Best wishes to you all, KB

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 07:10:58 am »
Thanks Kerrybee.  Its not the Pier One Type, although that would probably be easier to track down!! :D
Its the fine porcelin china.
I've run every search I can think of too and zero,zip, nada, nein, nothing!!!!
I do have a pix now but no scanner at home.  Will get it on here as soon as I can.
Thanks
Crowbottom

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 04:20:01 pm »
max rosenberg left his pottery in 1939. when hitler took power. but even at that like to see a picture.

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 10:28:44 pm »
Me too - and we'd like a photo of the bottom, showing the backstamp - say, by the way, any crowns, lions, shields there?  (just hoping) but yes, would love pics top & bottom.  

Still searchin' - -- -  :)     KB