« on: January 09, 2013, 09:51:36 pm »
Please delete.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 02:09:28 am by curiouso »

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Vases + plates + old watch
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:47:42 am »
Sally in Our Alley was a British Romantic Comedy based on the 1725 song by Henry Carey. There is a folk dance that goes with the song. Our member from across the pond should be able to add to that. The comedy was produced in 1931. Burleighware was made apparently for the popular market created at the time. There were also Majolica pieces made.

The watch may be the sleeper in the lot. Are the hands missing completely? Any markings?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 01:08:34 pm »
Whenever you post picture of items and want to know values/information about them...you need to post pictures of all sides.  For example on the plates, you need to have a good picgure of the makers mark on the back so that forum members can read them.

There are millions of plates out there...can't begin to guess who made them and when without that information.

On the watch, need more information, better closeups and let us know any written information you can see on an item.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Ipcress

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 06:35:46 am »
I'd say £20-30 the whole lot. Common items in auction rooms. The watch doesn't appear to be gold but the photo may be poor. Looks standard continental make.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 06:41:23 am »
Hello Ipcress,, welcome to the forum !!  By continental,, I take it that you mean this side of the pond !!