Author Topic: a good deal  (Read 2000 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
a good deal
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:14:14 pm »
hi all, i got a really good deal yesterday...well,good for over here...although over in the US...it may be cheaper...Avril and I are moving to an old house...and its always been Avrils dream to have an old country kitchen...well,...we got an oak kitchen off ebay...much cheapness...but..th e icing on the cake...was yesterday...she has always shied away from...the run of the mill worktops...and wanted a nice wooden one....I paid a visit to my local sawmill...on the off chance that they might have something that would suit....Well I struck lucky...there was a large slice of Australian Red Cedar...and a few smaller slices...the big piece measured 13ft long x 3ft wide.x 4in thick..and the other pieces were of the same width and thickness...After some negotiation,...I,m getting ..1 x 3m x 610mm x 48mm..square edged worktop..and 1 x 1.83m....+ 1 x 1m...and 1 x 900mm...all machined and delivered..for £240...i,ll post the pics after they have been delivered...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
Re: a good deal
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:05:19 pm »
You are kidding ??? 4 in. thick ??  You know,, I don`t think Avril will like that too much !! Why don`t you just send it to me and I can use it for firewood like you do the oak furniture !!  Deal ???? LOL
How does one buy an entire oak kitchen on ebay ??  Post the link,, I want to see that !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:27:36 pm »
What are you like,the slice is 4in thick..but they are going to put it through their humongous saw..and cut it into 2 x slices of 2in.thick....then machine it down to the required measure i need..i.e. worktop size....here,s the kitchen...the carcases are the usual...MDF...but the doors are solid oak...the range style cooker measures 35in wide and is gas..and it is only 2 years old...it has 4 burners and a griddle plate, 2 ovens...and 2 x plate warming compartments...i,ll post pics of it and the worktops next week...ebay number...:   300804835033

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 08:55:58 pm »
Figured that Wullie !!  Should I rephrase that joke so you will get it ?? 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 09:20:55 pm »
Pretty good deal Wullie !!  Can`t believe $500. for that !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 03:14:16 am »
This is auction day...so we are going to have a nosey....as for the kitchen...prices over here are still quite low....it was worth getting..just for the stove...on its own...btw...i think my tuning fork...takes a wobbly ..now and again.... :D

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 05:18:04 am »
Wullie Avril will be so happy!!! Can't wait to see this pretty little country kitchen when it is done!!!  :D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 06:34:47 am »
And post some pics !!  Tell Avril I am quite jealous of that cedar !!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 01:26:00 pm »
Oh awesomeness!! I've got a 12' counter that I want to redo, can't wait to see pics of yours!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 01:27:56 pm »
This Cedar..is priced at £27 per cubic foot...then multiply that by 27..as per cubic feet per cubic yard...= £729...this is the price..i was quoted online...so i got a good bargain...this same sawmill...have..bur r slices...approx 5ft x 3ft.x 2in...at £20...their prices are very good...i get my logs from them...3.5 ton for £73 delivered...the Cedar will be getting delivered on Wed,coming..I,ll take before pics...then afters....

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 03:18:15 pm »
Nice deal!  Wow 4" thick!!!!  Post pics!

Avril is one lucky gal!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!