Author Topic: Ted degrazia print on canvas  (Read 1892 times)

Buddie11

• View Profile
Ted degrazia print on canvas
« on: January 11, 2013, 09:53:18 pm »
Hi,folks my wife got this from her great aunt. She had brought this back from Arizona in the 70's. Okay,I've done my research on this painting (print),I know it's not an original,I contacted house of the sun gallery,the original is there. My problem is mine has white wings,everyone I can find have yellow wings. I know it's not worth much but help with the wing color would be great.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Ted degrazia print on canvas
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 11:37:09 pm »
there could be a number of reasons..why..the others have yellow wings...they may have started out white,....but..are now yellow...like my old Da,s ceiling..i painted it white...he with his puffing...turned it yellow...if yours is a one off...then it may be unique...but first you have to find out...was it done intentionally...or is it a mistake...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 12:12:26 am »
Thanks bigwull,I guess mine has been preserved. Smoke free!

caspert79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 01:20:52 am »
Searching for Ted Degrazia + cellist in Google, I found a couple of false paintings/ prints. With yellow wings indeed.
Maybe yours is the original  ;)
What color of wings does the original in the gallery have?

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 02:30:58 am »
When I had talked to the lady at the gallery the original was indeed there,that was about a year ago. I did ask her about the wing colour and she said it could be do lighting,environment  etc. Not sure how yellow turns white. Vice versa maybe ,just as wull said.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 10:17:16 am »
Can you take a closeup of the wings ??  Since this is a giclee on canvas,, could also be due to mechanical error when it was printed !! 
http://www.eyekons.com/giclee_prints/how_a_giclee_is_made
Or could be one of the proofs that was just included in error !! Since most of the steps in the printing process are checked or proofed for color ect !!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:27:19 am by mart »

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 01:26:01 pm »
Hope this ok mart

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 02:21:19 pm »
On closer inspection all the colors are different compared to the ones I can find on google,which isn't a lot. I'm no expert but there is no way this is fading. Could it be a one off,as wull said?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 03:53:21 pm »
Could be but will not make a huge difference in value !! In looking at it close I am guessing that this may be a proof that was done to check color and just got stuck in the finished run by mistake !! But since so many are done by this method that would be only a few dollars more,, but someone just might like the white wings rather than yellow !!