Author Topic: Silver tray  (Read 8046 times)

Ipcress

Re: Silver tray
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 06:27:18 am »
I'd be surprised to see hallmarks on it but i suppose it could be low grade silver.

caspert79

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 01:41:58 pm »
The double headed eagle is widely used symbol. My guess is that itīs Russian, they used this symbol really a lot.

Ipcress

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 02:16:59 pm »
Another similar here, with the K and J positioned as in the silver tray from the original poster

caspert79

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 02:33:25 pm »
Found this on the web:

"Hoc signum vere regum est" means "This is the true signal of the kings"

The initials "K" and "J" are for Kraljevina Jugoslavija or the Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

Ipcress

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 03:49:50 pm »
The central shield is wrong for Yugoslavia

In my opinion, here it's for the Spanish Queen Johanna and King Carlos (Karolus)

This is Yugoslavia

Put the motto in quotes in Google, then the word silver. Loads of results similar to those posted by the OP
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:53:04 pm by Ipcress »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 04:02:20 pm »
Wullie, someone else on the forum as determined as you!  LOL  :)

Would love to see the hallmarks myself!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 04:13:29 pm »
The central shield is wrong for Yugoslavia

In my opinion, here it's for the Spanish Queen Johanna and King Carlos (Karolus)

This is Yugoslavia

Put the motto in quotes in Google, then the word silver. Loads of results similar to those posted by the OP
this is like the pot calling the kettle black....last night...you tried to pass of a Spanish double eagle as Peruvian...even although the K J..were the wrong way round...now you,re saying its Spanish again...and not Yugo....you want to make yer mind up and stick with it...instead of jumping aboot like a chicken wi its heid chapped aff..... ;D...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Ipcress

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 04:50:58 pm »
You do know about Spain and Peru back in the day ?

" These arms were granted by the Spanish King in Valladolid on November 3, 1536. The blue field represents justice, beauty, sweetness, loyalty and perseverance. The red band stands for bravety, nobility, honour, generosity, joy and magnanimous spirit.
The three gold crowns represent the three magician kings of the bible and three Spanish catholic kings. The eight pointed star represents majesty, peace, greatness, prudence and fecundity. This is the Star of Bethelem that announced Christ's birth. The motto says in Latin "Hoc signum vere regum est" (This is the true signal of the kings). Lima was named by the Spanish conquerors as the King's City. The letters I and K stand for the Spanish Queen Johanna and King Carlos (Karolus). The two-headed eagle is the Spanish imperial eagle. "

I'm not jumping anywhere.  I haven't said it couldn't be Peruvian when it could, for instance.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 05:01:58 pm »
You do know about Spain and Peru back in the day ?

" These arms were granted by the Spanish King in Valladolid on November 3, 1536. The blue field represents justice, beauty, sweetness, loyalty and perseverance. The red band stands for bravety, nobility, honour, generosity, joy and magnanimous spirit.
The three gold crowns represent the three magician kings of the bible and three Spanish catholic kings. The eight pointed star represents majesty, peace, greatness, prudence and fecundity. This is the Star of Bethelem that announced Christ's birth. The motto says in Latin "Hoc signum vere regum est" (This is the true signal of the kings). Lima was named by the Spanish conquerors as the King's City. The letters I and K stand for the Spanish Queen Johanna and King Carlos (Karolus). The two-headed eagle is the Spanish imperial eagle. "

I'm not jumping anywhere.  I haven't said it couldn't be Peruvian when it could, for instance.
Is,nt Google a wondrous place.... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 07:27:05 pm »
It is Wullie !!  Thats why we all use it !!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 12:51:46 am »
Christ!!...is that right....and here was me thinking....that some of  you  guys were academics...with high I.Q,s...and degrees in Spanish History.....but nowt else... ::)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 01:26:51 am »
Thanks for the last laugh/smile for the evening!  Good night Wullie and Mart!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Ipcress

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 04:48:43 am »
Christ!!...is that right....and here was me thinking....that some of  you  guys were academics...with high I.Q,s...and degrees in Spanish History.....but nowt else... ::)

Never claimed to have a degree in Spanish history, although most people will know about Spain and South America

You've been hostile and rude ever since i pointed out you were wrong about the eagle heads.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 07:12:24 am »
Ipcress,, thats not Wullie being rude !!  Just normal !! 

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 07:25:40 am »
So rude IS normal?? ;D
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford