Author Topic: Andes Great Prescription!  (Read 1443 times)

VanGateau

Andes Great Prescription!
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:48:52 pm »
Found this in Gettysburg the other day. The label on the back is almost entirely gone and the front is pretty bad, but I was wondering if anyone had any information on the company. They shop claimed it was from 1907, which i don't doubt due to its deterioration. I can't find anything about it online, any info would be great!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Andes Great Prescription!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:32:53 pm »
Is there any other info on the bottle? I can't see the bottle real well. If you could get a better picture of the bottle with a plain background it would help. Then crop the photo so we can see it better.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 06:46:18 pm »
Put the name "Andes Great Prescription" in quotes into Google and a lot of info comes up about it. Be sure to put it in quotes. There are old ads where it sold right around the time you said and a little later. It cured everything. We should take it for the Flu outbreak.

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 08:28:36 pm »
That is interesting. I think I saw an ad in one of the newspapers I have for that. If I get a chance I will look. My mind may be deceiving me and it may have been of a different medicine that cured all, lol. :) I will look.
I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 09:27:12 pm »
The Elixir of Life....it,ll either cure you or kill ya...sold for..25c a bottle by peddlers...right through the mid 1800,s... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

VanGateau

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 02:54:14 pm »
Frogpatch, I tried the quotes trick and it worked really well. Found a couple newspaper articles; one was a personal testimony that claimed it helped a women get rid of a 90 foot tapeworm. Shocking, but it could have been false advertising as well  :P