Author Topic: LOOKING FOR SOME INFO ON THIS TABLE!!!! PLEASE HELP! :-)  (Read 3799 times)

monimartinez

• View Profile
LOOKING FOR SOME INFO ON THIS TABLE!!!! PLEASE HELP! :-)
« on: January 21, 2013, 01:09:56 pm »
I have recently purchased this table, and I'm trying to find out more about it as far as how old it is, what it might be made of, value, etc. Any information helps!

;) Thanks ;D

gg27

• View Profile
Re: LOOKING FOR SOME INFO ON THIS TABLE!!!! PLEASE HELP! :-)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 01:13:26 pm »
Some better photos would help.  Detail photos instead of this one that shows very little.  Top, underneath, sides, construction details etc....

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 02:18:27 pm »
A bit odd....you buy a table...but you don,t know what its made of...or how old it is...or what its worth....out of these three things...i would have thought you,d at least know...something... .like where it came from?...or maybe it fell off the back of a lorry...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 05:01:30 pm »
Need some good close up pics and need to know where you and the table are located ??

Ipcress

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 05:18:46 pm »
I'm quite intrigued. Looks like an elaborate coffee table

monimartinez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 07:34:24 pm »
it's actually 2 tables the larger one and a smaller round one thanks for everyone trying to help!

Ipcress

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:51 pm »
My initial reaction -
High quality and costly reproductions of 18th century furniture.
Even the side table in the background with the verde antico marble style top adourned with family photos is based on furniture of that period - George II / Louis XV.

The foliate and large crosshatch design is just a little too over the top though. I might be wrong but photos in good light without a flash would be better. They look like they're on castors ?

They must have cost a pretty penny.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 08:10:36 pm »
who buys.one table....that becomes  two tables like these without knowing what they are worth...or what they are made of...or how old they are...he,s either got too much money.....or.....no .....

Ipcress

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 08:14:42 pm »
Yeah, you'd think there would be a receipt somewhere..

monimartinez

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 08:21:24 pm »
who buys.one table....that becomes  two tables like these without knowing what they are worth...or what they are made of...or how old they are...he,s either got too much money.....or.....no .....

well i guess i rather have "too much money" or buy pieces I like, than sit around all day on forums analyzing what others buy or why they purchased it in the first place.... sounds like you just have way too much time on your hands and maybe should find a hobby or a job so you can entertain yourself in a more helpful and productive way....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 08:25:01 pm »
I am going to agree that these are reproductions as well since we can`t tell much more from these pics !! Color appears to have darkened,, dull gold as opposed to a bright color on the base !!  If we could get close ups of the table base especially any chipped places and one of the underside we might be able to tell what it is made of but we can not from these pics !! Also need to know location ??  What did you pay for this table set and where did you buy it ??  Just curious !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 08:31:23 pm »
I,m an inquisitive person by nature...and say it as i see it....and i make no apologies....as for finding a hobby..or a job.....i,ve got both...i look after my wife, dog and two cats.... ;D

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 08:50:30 pm »
It looks like an Italian import from the 70s and belongs with crushed velvet curtains and clear plastic slipcovers to me.

monimartinez

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 08:51:02 pm »
I am going to agree that these are reproductions as well since we can`t tell much more from these pics !! Color appears to have darkened,, dull gold as opposed to a bright color on the base !!  If we could get close ups of the table base especially any chipped places and one of the underside we might be able to tell what it is made of but we can not from these pics !! Also need to know location ??  What did you pay for this table set and where did you buy it ??  Just curious !!

i bought the tables from an elderly lady that was moving in with her daughter and didnt have the space she said shes had the tables since the 1970's and even had old pictures with her daughter as a baby with the tables in the background. I'm in miami fl and paid for both tables $100 which I thought was a steal. I will take pictures of the bottom of both tables tomorrow but i know that the bottom seems like a particle board and the legs og the table wood. im just curious as to the other decorative material on the top, sides, legs and bottom might be, the estimated value/worth, and if anyone has ever seen some tables like these and know what they might be called..... thanks for all the help!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 09:14:36 pm »
Thanks for additional info,, then we know they are reproductions !! The top may be a thin gold colored foil that was used on some tables of that time !! It is applied with a contact type glue then sealed with a clear laquer !!  Bottoms may be a composition material !! The bottom color would have been sprayed on and thats why the bottom and the top look different to me !! Looks like they go well with your house so you got a good buy !!