Author Topic: Ges Gesch Candle Sticks.  (Read 5852 times)

valmont325

• View Profile
Re: Ges Gesch Candle Sticks.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 12:03:50 pm »
I think these are very new style,, faux verdigris !!  Seeing the bottom would help !! Probably 1980`s to 1990`s !!

The bases are shown in the other link and that's why i said they look odd.

They looked to have been falsely aged but they forgot about the bases !

That was my first thought as well.  Old or not, they are still a neat decorative piece. I suppose with something like this the value depends on the buyer since there really is no similar ones to compare too.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 02:20:15 pm »
Search Engine Hostess...well...my "my friend"..your comment is contemptuous.....me thinks you are in the wrong place....if you honestly think..that we on here are just that...then you are more a fool than i first thought...or maybe you think..that we have unlimited amounts of knowledge stored away...just waiting for some prat to come along with a pair of candlesticks that he might have found in a skip....and we can then tell him that they are worth.oodles of $$...or ..nothing......now you have a nice day...
.btw...just in case you missed this at the top of the page.....

Before you ask for advice...

Please respect the fact that the professionals on this board are busy too.. Please do as much research you can yourself before you ask advice, or for estimates of value.
We want to see your antiques, thats what we are here for! But also give us as much information to work with if you are asking for information. Where, When, What, Dates, etc.

Show everyone that you tried, and everyone will be more inclined to help!

Welcome! Stick around, perhaps you can help answer someone else question, and learn a thing or two to boot

Oh no i touched a nerve. I can already hear you running up the steps of your parents basements to come get me. :D Professional.   Sorry, allow me to thank the expert....thank you Sir Google.
You touched a nerve....excuse me whilst i pick myself up off the floor....as for running up the steps of my parents basement.....I wish...first that I had a basement...and 2nd...that I still had both my parents....but..see ing as how both of them are dead....I will treat your remarks with the contempt they deserve....and ..as you are hiding your gender status..i will just refer to  you as something that i scraped off the sole of my boot...

as for Sir Google...
you do all on here  who try to help...a great disservice...

I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

valmont325

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 03:37:51 pm »
I find it extremely difficult...Not to turn the  Key,...when i see it protruding from someone,s back.... Grin Grin....

Ipcress

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 03:43:52 pm »
I think these are very new style,, faux verdigris !!  Seeing the bottom would help !! Probably 1980`s to 1990`s !!

The bases are shown in the other link and that's why i said they look odd.

They looked to have been falsely aged but they forgot about the bases !

That was my first thought as well.  Old or not, they are still a neat decorative piece. I suppose with something like this the value depends on the buyer since there really is no similar ones to compare too.

Value, like beauty, can be in the eye of the beholder.

But stuff like those candlesticks is just tat to me  :)

valmont325

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 03:57:32 pm »
id rather it be more  tit than tat. :D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 04:49:15 pm »
Gardenweb does not open for me so I only see what is posted to this forum !! Sorry !!  They are very decorative, and would blend well with many design styles !!

valmont325

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 04:53:37 pm »
Thanks for the input! ;)

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 06:30:20 am »
id rather it be more  tit than tat. :D

Who wouldn't? ;)
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."