Author Topic: Vintage Crystal Hospitality Snack Set  (Read 3624 times)

debbie

• View Profile
Vintage Crystal Hospitality Snack Set
« on: January 27, 2013, 03:42:58 pm »
This is a product of the Federal Glass Co., Columbus 7, Ohio in its original Hercules box. Very nice set, seeking input on value.  Thanks,

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Crystal Hospitality Snack Set
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 05:57:29 pm »
I had that same set back in the late 60`s !!   

ejhmmm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:21:57 am »
Basically my best guestimate would be that these sets will start around $10 and if you're lucky, you might be able to go up to $30 or even more.  I collect vintage glassware and while the stuff is gorgeous (and so awesome if you have the original box) - remember, these sets were owned by many, many people and you can easily find them at Goodwill, etc.  So my best guess (just personal opinion) is the value would be between $10 and $30.  Nice set!

valmont325

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 09:52:50 am »
This is a product of the Federal Glass Co., Columbus 7, Ohio in its original Hercules box. Very nice set, seeking input on value.  Thanks,

I have the same set. As i am sure you know, Original box always helps the value but unfortunatly with these there are so many original boxed sets still around. I see them in all the antique stores or every yard sale i go to.  Do not get me wrong, i love the set. And the price will come down to the person buying it. It might be an item that somebody unfamiliar with the vintage/antique world might pay a bit more then the average person would.  With that said, i truly feel anywhere between 10-25 is a fair price.   :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 10:45:29 am »
Thats about right on price !! Problem with these sets is,, no one ever used them !!

valmont325

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 12:37:25 pm »
Thats about right on price !! Problem with these sets is,, no one ever used them !!

thus them still having the original box.  They are very nice so it is surprising that they were not used much. Then again i shouldn't say anything since the set i bought is still sitting in box unused.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 03:03:37 pm »
They were nice but just never caught on !!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 07:29:32 am »
I love these and have several in glass and porcelain!! Unfortunately people today don't use them!! Kids want yogurt in a tube for snacks & ladies do not get together to snack or do lunches in the home anymore. Hopefully they will make a come-back with the younger people at some point! I think they would be great to use each place setting different for bridal or baby showers!!

debbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 08:04:58 pm »
Thank you so much for all of your input.  Your expertise is greatly appreciated.  I love the set too and don't plan to sell it at this time but always wondered what it would be worth and I am sure $10 - $30 is correct.  Thanks again.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 08:28:07 pm »
$10.00 - $30.00  is correct for value just depends how many of this set are for sale I think I counted around 19 on the first page of Ebay ranging from $9.00 - $45.00.