Author Topic: Antique Or Not?  (Read 3415 times)

Danny52186

• View Profile
Antique Or Not?
« on: December 26, 2004, 01:47:09 am »
Hi All Im new here as you can probaly tell well anywayz ill get to the point well my Grandma has like These Old Stamps that are like 50 - 60 yrs old she also has this Social Seurity Card that was her Dads and the numbers are like around this line....    000 002 004 Kinda like that she also has this Dollar bill that has no Serial Number On it.... and an 5$ Bill that was made in the state of Illinois when the states made their own money !! does anyone think any of that is worth anything? oh yeah she also has an WW1 First Aid Kit........ Thnx Alot...

kerrybee

• View Profile
Antique Or Not?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 11:02:23 pm »
No one has come on board to answer so I'll give it a go:

These are what I call "special interest" collectible items - I know absolutely nothing about states issuing currency - you might running that as a separate request -

the dollar bill?  again, it's a special interest item -

My best suggestion, is that you find a coin dealer in your area who can help.  Best Wishes, KB

Tim

• View Profile
Antique Or Not?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 06:35:16 am »
Hi...........Thanks for replying KB. I guess I could have chimed in earlier myself. KB is right. These are special interest items. They are collected but usually by special interest folks...........

Your WWI First Aide kit, depending on how extensive it is and its condition should retail for $25-$50.

President Roosevelt signed the bill for Social Security in 1935. You can find some good information on what your looking for here:

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/history/ssn/firstcard.html

and as far as your stamps go. Any bookstore should have a price guide on stamps. They are pretty easy to research and you can find out if yours are of any value.

This web site:  http://www.cedar-rapids.org/ushers/.%5Cufhv_bank.html
     talks about early currency. It might help you get started........