Author Topic: Crystal Chandelier - Versace?  (Read 6287 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:52:26 pm by greenacres »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
Re: Crystal Chandelier - Versace?
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 07:30:13 pm »
Mart, take a look at the gold metal piece that attached to the ceiling...looks modern.  Betting this is Czech.  Not saying that he didn't have any designs that this could be after...but if I was a true Versace...I would sure be signed somewhere!!!!!!  That gives it the value!

Thats my opinion too KC !!  I do not think that this is a Versace design !!  What would be the point of making one and not signing it ??  Could not be proven that it was his design without his sketches, details, drawings, all with his name on them if the piece was unsigned !!  I would bet that someone wanted to take advantage after his death and tried to pass this off !!  I heard some of his stuff went through the roof then !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 07:49:14 pm »
I agree mart. I don't want to insult anyone, but it's not the same quality. If you study all the chandeliers you could see this isn't one of his designs. The cranberry glass design is not his.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 11:30:52 pm »
Examples of Chandeliers at Versace Home Site
http://www.verim-homecollection.com/en/prodotti/lampade/sospensione.php

This STYLE of light has been around for a long time.  You will find that they were made in Italy, Bohemia, China, etc...

Without ANY markings it is just a guess.

Someone will buy this....but I am sad to say (unless you have a magic wand to validate it as Versace) it won't be thousands and thousands!  :(

FYI, here is an example of a Czech High enamel/Red Glass chandelier

http://www.vesteglass.com/crystal-chandelier-high-enamel-%28w-x-h%29:-65-x-56-cm-he-chandeliers-ceiling-enamelled-D341.html
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:20:56 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 12:31:59 am »
Mart, I must add that Versace Home has been around for awhile now...expanding their horizons in the home decor market.

The only other possibility I can think of is that a remodel of a Versace mansion/home in Miami or Ca could have resulted in lighting being touted as Versace?!?!?  Have seen this happen with many "big names" over time.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 12:40:28 am »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 10:09:34 am »
Seems all our opinions are the same !!  Thanks KC !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 03:56:48 pm »
I would say from the second I saw it that KC and Mart are correct. Czech or Bohemian. Here is a similar one for sale which is Czech. http://www.vesteglass.com/crystal-chandelier-high-enamel-(w-x-h):-65-x-56-cm-he-chandeliers-ceiling-enamelled-D341.html
 The bobeches on the piece are very similar to Czech glassware. Fixtures are often made from vase, dish and bowl pieces that are drilled out.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 04:27:16 pm »
well,, thats three of us !!

emilyakbb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2021, 01:42:01 pm »
Mart, I must add that Versace Home has been around for awhile now...expanding their horizons in the home decor market.

The only other possibility I can think of is that a remodel of a Versace mansion/home in Miami or Ca could have resulted in lighting being touted as Versace?!?!?  Have seen this happen with many "big names" over time.

I agreed.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 01:45:01 pm by emilyakbb »