Author Topic: Hutschenreuther vase  (Read 3021 times)

izzydog

• View Profile
Hutschenreuther vase
« on: December 28, 2004, 10:58:49 am »
I have a porcelain Hutschenreuther vase with a Parisien scene on it in mint condition. It's about 15 inches tall, bulbous at the bottom, tapers as it goes up to the neck.

Many marks on the bottom:
Hutschenreuther Gelb
Lion logo
Bavaria Germany
Handpainted
Handmalevei
Made in Germany
L stamp
something lederer
price sticker from original purchase

This was purchased in Germany around 1959. Any idea as to the value?

kerrybee

• View Profile
Hutschenreuther vase
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 12:34:33 am »
Thus far, I'm stumped, and European porcelain/pottery is something I can usually find - -

But, I did find this Paris pattern by Hutschenreuther in dinnerware - Is your vase like this at all?

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/HUTPARIS.htm

Also, D&B antiques may be searching this also - because he is an expert and an antiques dealer he may be able to interpret a price based on what the original was, and the age of item -

My apologies for not finding your item.  KB      :(  

Guest_Izzydog

Hutschenreuther vase
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 11:24:21 am »
While thanks for trying - I haven't been able to find this exact piece anywhere on the Internet.

If someone can tell me how I can upload a photo, I will. Or when I find the time I can post it on a web page.

In the meantime, here's a description of the image on the vase. It's nothing like the one in the link you posted.

There is a woman looking out a window that has a red and white striped awning. She's looking at 3 people on the sidewalk. One is a man with a walking stick, a white with green polka dots coat, yellow plaid pants and a purple derby with a yellow flower sticking out of it. He is arm-in-arm with a woman who is dressed kind of scantily - off the shoulder dress - green and white striped bodice with a pink frilly skirt and green and white striped hat with a fishnet veil in front of her face. The 3rd person is a woman with a purple dress and a wide brimmed flower hat. Down toward the bottom are the initials m.l.

Thanks for any help!

Tim

• View Profile
Hutschenreuther vase
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 03:03:48 pm »
Hi...........Izzy and KB........this is a porcelain factory in Selb, Germany established in 1814 and still operating. they are noted for their figurines and dinnerware. From your description, this is a mark used from 1955-1969. I would retail your vase in the $150-$200 range.............

ginni

• View Profile
    • http://www.ginni.com/collection
Hutschenreuther vase
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 06:30:16 pm »
Pictures, please!

Most particularly of the marks.  
gs
Bohemian Reference Site
New: www.CollectorsCircle.com
Old: www.ginni.com/collection

Guest_Izzydog

Hutschenreuther vase
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 07:20:41 am »
Thanks for the estimate Tim.

Can someone tell me if I can upload a photo of the vase - I don't see that option. Or do I need to create a web page and post the link?

Thanks,
Izzy

ginni

• View Profile
    • http://www.ginni.com/collection
Hutschenreuther vase
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 12:48:35 pm »
Little nuances in marks can make a big difference in dates and even the factory.  
gs
Bohemian Reference Site
New: www.CollectorsCircle.com
Old: www.ginni.com/collection

findit

• View Profile
Hutschenreuther vase
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 08:27:25 pm »
Thanks for the estimate Tim.

Can someone tell me if I can upload a photo of the vase - I don't see that option. Or do I need to create a web page and post the link?

Thanks,
Izzy
You have to log in first. (that is, not posting as a "guest")
Then when you post, you will see a box near the bottom of the screen that lets you upload a picture from your computer.

Thanks for posting!