Author Topic: Where to look?  (Read 1558 times)

Bubbette

• View Profile
Where to look?
« on: December 28, 2004, 08:08:57 pm »
I haven't been able to find much info on Enoch Wood & Sons dinnerware and other items (e.g. chamber pots).  I believe it's an old British company which started out Enoch Wood and then brought in the Son.  Anyone know where I can look?  My ability to maneuver around all the antique/collectible books in the library is lacking; price guides are even worse when you don't know "nothing!"
Frustration reigns!  :(  

kerrybee

• View Profile
Where to look?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 11:30:52 pm »
My favorite British pottery site:

http://www.thepotteries.org/allpotters/1099.htm

this should take you to the Wood page, and follow links, and scroll for marks -

and this site, best on web for replacement values, may help you with your dinnerware (if you don't know pattern name, click on left side blue banner and it opens up all the patterns - happy scrollin')

for chamber pots, pitchers, etc, do a google or MSN search as follows -- enoch wood chamber pot -- or whatever the maker, or article is -

another easy to access site is:  www.kaleden.com   select porcelain & pottery, and fine tune by the item - pitcher and bowl set, and if that returns too many hits, then further fine tune as pitcher and bowl set enoch wood & son -

Post back if you want to with pics of object & backstamp and we can help you search - best wishes, KB  (sounds like you've got a nice collection)

Bubbette

• View Profile
Where to look?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 10:58:26 am »
Thank you very much!  I will let you know what I find.  Just hope the frustration level goes down and not up!
 :P  

Bubbette

• View Profile
Where to look?
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 08:59:22 pm »
That is an excellent site, Kerrybee; thanks so much!  Now, on to find values! :D