Author Topic: Vintage Simplex clock is it a Slave or Master + how do I convert it to a 240 vo  (Read 1446 times)

lenny

• View Profile
Vintage Simplex clock is it a  Slave or Master + how do I convert it to a 240 volt power surply

Hello again some help required from some of you experts again

I have a 1960s 70s Wired Simplex wall clock which  came from a old bus depot in Coventry UK
Now Ive done some research and it seems this clock is part of a network of Synchronous clocks
The question I need answering is is this a master or slave clock and what voltage runs it
if I wired it to my UK 240v mains would it run it or blow it  :-[ or do I need some sort of adapter

I have 6 of these clocks and would like to test them to see if they work or not but Im not sure how to
set them up. If you have any info about these clocks you could help me and others out by sharing it  :)

Also are these clocks collectible if so what do you think there worth

Thanks for taking the time to read my Thread

mart

• View Profile
What voltage were they originally ??

lenny

• View Profile
What voltage were they originally ??

This is the problem i don't know  :-[

mart

• View Profile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_clock
From what I read here,, if you got the clocks from one place (bus depot) you may not have the master !! The master could have been, and often was, in an entirely different place from the ones it syncronized !! But from what I read on the NWACC they are not worth much so try one and see !! Only thing that wouldn`t work is the syncronization so may be a minute or two off !!

cogar

• View Profile
According to this, your clocks should be 230V, ... to wit:

United Kingdom - G, D, M   230 V  50 Hz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity_by_country